Tailgate handle

There were two versions, chrome or painted black. Which one are you looking for? 

The chrome ones are harder to find, so their asking price will be higher.

Nice Truck! Tell us more about it and the complete classifieds section will open up for you. 10 post are needed to unlock it. 

they were stainless steel and thicker than the stock metal.  the pics are somewhere in the CC archives if you're inclined to have a go with the search engine. :L:  but I don't remember who it was that got them made. :(  

I remember the thread from ages ago. 

I found a couple of mentions in searches but all links are dead. 

It's another one of those deals whereas a man wants to supply an item but the community will not support it. 

Those pics are the only reference I could find. 

1 hour ago, Jeep Driver said:

It's another one of those deals whereas a man wants to supply an item but the community will not support it. 

True.  I don't know how along ago he stopped making them but with time, rust and metal fatigue, we will all need them. Maybe someone will pick it up where he left off. Thanks for the pics.

Strokermjcomanche, good find. Did you meet the guy? The dates in the thread indicate he was last online in the CC but his last post for the handle was March 4, 2015. $32 cost would be nothing considering only one is needed for possibly the rest of the vehicle's life. Most of the pictures don't open for me.

2 hours ago, Manche757 said:

Strokermjcomanche, good find. Did you meet the guy? The dates in the thread indicate he was last online in the CC but his last post for the handle was March 4, 2015. $32 cost would be nothing considering only one is needed for possibly the rest of the vehicle's life. Most of the pictures don't open for me.

He lived about 40 minutes from my house ,  I never met him in person. I bought some parts from a Comanche he parted out , last I heard he moved to another house in possibly another state . I may still have an envelope with his name on it to try and track him down , I would suggest sending him a pm first . 

4 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I would suggest sending him a pm first . 

Good idea.  I just sent a PM as follows:

"I saw your thread from 2015 regarding making replacement tailgate handles.  It would be great if you saw it through to completion.  Did you continue with it?"

23 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you should bug Brandon too.  :brows:

Good idea.  The word is out.

ShelbyLuv would be a good choice too.  Bo practically volunteered in the 2015 thread. :grinyes:  He should have plenty of time with no grass to cut in Alabama in February and the F150  is waiting for Spring weather

Good idea.  The word is out.
ShelbyLuv would be a good choice too.  Bo practically volunteered in the 2015 thread. :grinyes:  He should have plenty of time with no grass to cut in Alabama in February and the F150  is waiting for Spring weather
If I had the tools to do it I would. My fav guy is Brandon. He builds all my stuff. 1st Gen S10 handles work with a little tweaking and they are readily available.

So comparing the above photos to my extra tailgate handle, the "ears" of the repo handle don't seem to have the bends the oem one does. It looks to me like the repo one would work either way but it would be a bit narrower than the oem handle. If that's not a deal breaker I could take the above blueprint and try cutting one on a plasma table. The thickness of the OEM handle looks to be 14ga which is perfect because I have that on hand and a small metal brake to make the bends.  Does anyone know what the hole diameter size is?

20200223_141605.jpg.80035032066ecb380e2c48534c9654d9.jpg

20200223_141616.jpg.aaa9d47360d9bfbefd20ce2a9f4f0b37.jpg