Short bed rigid Tono covers

FJL

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, Limeyjeeper said:

I am currently working with truckcovers to develop one for the Comanche. Spoke to them at SEMA. Will keep you posted

Would love for you to keep me posted, thanks!

15 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Here it fitted and working. What a quality piece this is. Fits perfectly. No install issues. The side rails support any Yamica or Thule mounts, any probably many others.

Probably Yakima too. :P

Any pictures of it open?

4 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Curious about a couple of things-

What keeps it from leaking? Pooling water? Where does it go?

Does it come with a tailgate rail/trim/cap? How does it attach? 

Does the cover lock to the gate? Is there a way to lock the gate?

There are water channels inside the rails with drains. You attach short hoses to them and drill holes in the side of the bed to let the water escape.

No I already had the trim cap

Cover locks to its own side rails not the gate. I am trying to figure out if that could be possible with some kind of hook mechanism on the bottom of the cover rail

1 minute ago, Limeyjeeper said:

There are water channels inside the rails with drains. You attach short hoses to them and drill holes in the side of the bed to let the water escape.

No I already had the trim cap

Cover locks to its own side rails not the gate. I am trying to figure out if that could be possible with some kind of hook mechanism on the bottom of the cover rail

Where did you get the cap? Where can I find one?

And, BTW, thank you, looks great!

I like it, I can pass on the tool box though. 

47 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

There is somewhat universal tailgate handle locks out there, which could be something to look into.  It would be great to be able to lock the tailgate with it.  Half the reason I leave the topper/canopy on my MJ is so I can lock stuff back there, as it effectively jams the tailgate when locked.  I hate it otherwise.