I may have bought something..

eaglescout526

So as you all may know I usually am on the hunt for NOS like Redmistress. Wellllll I bought something that may want to be reproduced if it currently is not.

I recently bought a 1990 Mopar Performance catalogue to see what the 4.0L Performance computer does. Well I dug into it and found a few other things, some not to note worthy. But I found a part number for the "Comanche" decal that goes onto the windshield. Well needless to say I found a dealer who had two and bought both.(No, don't ask for the other one. That's going to pirate.) How many people would be interested in seeing it be reproduced?

If I get a good number, I'll see into its reproduction and get a small batch made. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're interested in reproducing them, try contacting Phoenix Graphics up in Chandler so they can add it to their library.

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/jeep.php

That's probably the best chance there is for preserving them for the community.  Years ago I inquired about having the 91+ splash graphics package reproduced.  They said they could do it, but would need to hold on to my truck for a few days.  Just couldn't get the scheduling worked out.

2 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

If you're interested in reproducing them, try contacting Phoenix Graphics up in Chandler so they can add it to their library.

That's probably the best chance there is for preserving them for the community.  Years ago I inquired about having the 91+ splash graphics package reproduced.  They said they could do it, but would need to hold on to my truck for a few days.  Just couldn't get the scheduling worked out.

My research shows that the 1991 splash graphics is one year only (91), and 1992 was different and also one year only.  I would be interested in 91 splash reproductions.

8 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Looks like I got a good lead. Thanks!

On 10/25/2019 at 7:56 PM, eaglescout526 said:

How many people would be interested in seeing it be reproduced?

If I get a good number, I'll see into its reproduction and get a small batch made. Probably will sell them at list price, which is $23.

I would take 2 if you get them made. 

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

I totally missed these were from Mopar Performance, I should have installed mine years ago to boost my HP. :laugh:

BTW, I would be interested in a reproduction one.

What I’m curious about is why did yours come in a 90’s MoPar box and mine are in performance boxes? Anyways I will do some digging in my spare time to reproduce these. I wouldn’t expect to see reproductions for a while. Big plan with Little Red to happen. 

• 1 month later...

Bumping this

Along with the decal above(which I still need to get ahold of that company, just been lazy) would anyone like these produced for any of their aux/fog lights?

F6519103-CE4C-4D90-B268-2B0F80C930CD.thumb.jpeg.1c73ceb0f6a7f9f4ad13e87c56b8e9f6.jpeg

They aren’t big. About an inch tall and inch and a half long. They aren’t made by me but have access to get them. 

1 minute ago, fiatslug87 said:

If those are vinyl they might melt if the lights are one long enough. I've seen Marchal fog light covers that were melted.

They are vinyl but really cheap to make, I've had them on for a week now and have not had any issues with the lights on but I believe that they probably will brake down at some point.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:03 PM, fiatslug87 said:

If those are vinyl they might melt if the lights are one long enough. I've seen Marchal fog light covers that were melted.

So have I. Unfortunately, they were on my Javelin ...