What are you listening to?

jdog

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to like a lot of country but as I get older I don't like the newer stuff. I find myself listening to Amazon 90s country and 80s hits. It goes full circle. I've turned into my Dad listening to 60s music on the oldies channel while I was growing up.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

it's the human condition.  we tend to glom on to the music we experienced in our formative teenage years.  which is weird when you think about the fact that listening to music whenever you want (radio, records, CDs, etc) is a quite recent development in the human timeline.  I wonder what people listened to back when if you wanted to hear it, you had to play it.  sang songs I guess?  

6 hours ago, tugboat95 said:

I used to like a lot of country but as I get older I don't like the newer stuff. I find myself listening to Amazon 90s country and 80s hits. It goes full circle. I've turned into my Dad listening to 60s music on the oldies channel while I was growing up.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Not strange country music has changed with in the last 10-15 yrs turning more rock ish then country,

3 minutes ago, jdog said:

Not strange country music has changed with in the last 10-15 yrs turning more rock ish then country,

To me modern popular country music is just pop music with a country twang and southern accent.

Then again, country music from the late 80's and early 90's was changing from more traditional country music as well.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:17 AM, Smokeyyank said:

I'll admit I do like some country

Just about anything recorded after 1994 is Pop, not Country.  Still, much of the Pop country you hear today still has a good message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure how I missed this but apparently Metallica did another concert with the San Fran orchestra last year.  :jammin:  It's on Spotify so it looks like I've got a soundtrack for tomorrow's drive :D   maybe if I had known about this sooner I'd have installed that subwoofer in the KJ last year instead of last month!