NTK O2 sensor 23553 (RENIX)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

The REM shows the O2 sensor moving up and down, but it will stay at or near one reading for long time spans:

This show O2S has slow response time. Should flicker LEAN/RICH at the speed of light.

16 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

Also, fuel trims will drop below 128.

Less than 128 takes fuel away (decreased INJ PW time). O2 sensor see a RICH condition.

12 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Your wired according to the 88 Elect Manual schematic. That is IGN feed (YEL) to pin 1(30) and FP relay feed to 5(86). Do you have a ballast resistor?

No. ‘87 didn’t include one 

9 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

This show O2S has slow response time. Should flicker LEAN/RICH at the speed of light.

Less than 128 takes fuel away (decreased INJ PW time). O2 sensor see a RICH condition.

I will switch the display to show R/L condition 

Yes, I know it means the ECU reading rich. 

Stuck open or leaking FI?

39 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

Never installed. Original owner 

No ballast OK. But I would suggest you swap the wires (1(30) with 5(86)) on your O2 Heater Relay. Currently your O2 heater circuit current flow through your IGN SW (12vdc/6ohms=2amps) with KEY ON. This 2amps is above everything else that flow through the IGN SW. One upon a time, when MS1700 was the tester of choice, vehicle would have failed and the fix was this swap. Also if ballast resistor was installed, part of the instructions was to include this swap. Suggestion only, feel free to ignore.

Well, I just received a Bosch one. Looks identical to the new NTK: metal body, four wires out of the body and reads 4.5 ohms. I will try it and see but I'm not very hopeful.

Edit:

I checked resistance between A&B, 4.5 ohms just like the NTK, ended up just returning it. Interesting that both Bosch and NTK wete made in Spain, they must be from the same manufacture.

• 6 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 1:36 AM, Ωhm said:

No ballast OK. But I would suggest you swap the wires (1(30) with 5(86)) on your O2 Heater Relay. Currently your O2 heater circuit current flow through your IGN SW (12vdc/6ohms=2amps) with KEY ON. This 2amps is above everything else that flow through the IGN SW. One upon a time, when MS1700 was the tester of choice, vehicle would have failed and the fix was this swap. Also if ballast resistor was installed, part of the instructions was to include this swap. Suggestion only, feel free to ignore.

This explain the two swapped wires in my truck...found when searching for O2 sensor problems..

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Has anyone tried a GM 3 wire oxygen sensor? I am trying to track down an O2 sensor issue and found that not many people have had luck with the new sensors. I started looking on Rock Auto for a GM vehicle with a 3 wire O2 sensor and found that from 92-94 the 4.3 V6 used a 3 wire sensor with a male weather pack connecter on it. Bosch #13077 or NTK #21003. They are much cheaper than the jeep ones and was wondering if I swapped the connector would it work?

1 hour ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

Has anyone tried a GM 3 wire oxygen sensor? I am trying to track down an O2 sensor issue and found that not many people have had luck with the new sensors. I started looking on Rock Auto for a GM vehicle with a 3 wire O2 sensor and found that from 92-94 the 4.3 V6 used a 3 wire sensor with a male weather pack connecter on it. Bosch #13077 or NTK #21003. They are much cheaper than the jeep ones and was wondering if I swapped the connector would it work?

If you don't buy this, I probably should. looks genuine & correct. I don't know why there's grease on the tip but it looks right

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155981924910