LS Swap or Keep it stock?

LS Swap or Keep the stock Renix 4.0  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy a 5.3 for $300 with 74,000 miles on it or should I keep my stock Renix 4.0

• LS Swap
    • Keep it stock

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

do you have the skills and/or budget to see it through?

what shape is the truck in now? 

The truck has some rust, but is fixable. I do have the money to do this and I have helped my dad with LS swaps in the past.

20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

what trans are you going with?  what axles? 

I will keep the D30 in the front (Just putting 4:10s in it) and putting a 4:10 LSD 8.8 in the rear. I will be using an AX-15.

I did an LS swap in my CJ7 and it upped the fun factor quite a bit.  It also improved its off road capabilities, something I wasn't really expecting.  I just wanted it to drive like a performance vehicle and not have to constantly be in the throttle while driving in town to keep up with traffic.  Mission accomplished.

With that said, I have a hard time imagining an LS swap in an XJ/MJ.  CJs had a V8 option- XJ/MJ did not.  But, I fall in the category of "it's your Jeep, do what you want".

My advice is, add up the cost of everything you can think of that will cost money to do the swap... then double it, and you will be in the ballpark.

You get the wiring harness and ALL accessories and components for $300?

I bought a whole truck with a 6.0 in it for $470 and have made my money back just selling little parts so far. I'll make triple my money back by selling the tranny, axles and scrapping the body.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I always find these questions rather curious.

Maybe one of you can point to well thought out and properly executed LS swap for the MJ/XJ because I've seen one or two but not many. 

I have seen a lot of hackery though. 

I always find these questions rather curious.

Maybe one of you can point to well thought out and properly executed LS swap for the MJ/XJ because I've seen one or two but not many. 

I have seen a lot of hackery though. 
Theres TONS of really clean ones. I see a lot on Instagram. Mostly lifted and 4x4. Opposite route I'm going. Not sure about the OP's plans.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:57 PM, FrankTheDog said:

8F23037F-1AA8-42FE-8663-168173E26D7F.jpeg.631951d687e94a6268f9eadbb61d8667.jpeg5E8A956C-A36C-4B2A-90FD-F93AEF67FE75.jpeg.f610fd1e684ba016602a620e8251c082.jpeg500 hp 6.0 with l think a TH400.

He started with Novak adaptors motor mounts but ended up building his own because he felt they weren’t heavy enough for his intended use.

Awesome!