Another feeler!

krustyballer16

what parts do you need for the hidden winch. i have one and could ship ypu the brackets if you wanted to use them for a template.
I got it all. I actually kinda looked at it all today. I'm going to add another piece to the kit to make it better. This setup is actually kinda sketchy....506183777a8c11f25b34c38a4feb486d.jpgfc6f7133d7495b5c89dac294c8338e54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ok mine looks different than that... I'm missing the  pieces that fill the gaps around the bumper
IMG_0209.jpg.3322ff8ea4b82d2e37a60e88bb531e53.jpg
Got any better pix? Is that the winch that is supposed to go with the kit?

All the plastic parts will be made of steel in my kit.

My winch is just bolted to the crossmember. No winch kit lol just for fun

man, I would love a hidden winch setup...
Just remember, this is the factory hidden winch setup....it mounts to the crossmember and pushes the stock front bumper out 3".
This isnt the cool hidden winch like boostworks setup where you cut out the crossmember and tuck the winch in there and it's actually hidden....

13 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

Just remember, this is the factory hidden winch setup....it mounts to the crossmember and pushes the stock front bumper out 3".
This isnt the cool hidden winch like boostworks setup where you cut out the crossmember and tuck the winch in there and it's actually hidden....

Oh, I know- I am trying to build my jeep like it would have been done new.  So the clunky factory winch setup would be perfect.

Plus I have an REP8000 in my barn attic

This was today's fun...
Will,saveeveryjeep, let me borrow some frame stiffeners he had bought and hadn't put on yet.
That's also the mj frame he gave me...

This company's stiffeners fit like $#!&.
So I'll throw this frame on the table in my shop and go to town and make, hopefully, perfect fitting stiffeners.

Will and I talked about incorporating other things into them too. And we got to looking, not a lot of bolt on brackets account for stiffeners if you have them. So you have to modify them to fit. The plan is to try to make kits for things with and without stiffeners...

( pictures show LWB stiffeners on the SWB frame) just curious how stuff fit. Will thinks he has the swb pieces also.

This will be a fun project! c94959c20dacfbdde5f8d107982b17fe.jpg4126270030933340c268b035951ac6a9.jpg21f79157666ee1dfc94483c9fbadb7ab.jpg