Another feeler!

krustyballer16

yeah, I'm incredibly curious as to how alike different MJs frames actually are, truck to truck.  How much variation exists from the original fab processes.  :dunno:  did any changes occur year to year.  
I saw some slight differences. Black Betty ('86) is missing some holes in the frame that my others, up to 01, have. I'm sure every frame is different. That's why the stiffeners out there don't fit well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yay! Deal! That'll probably have to wait a month or so. I need to cut em out of my junk xj too.

I have the floor braces too by the way. There is a driver side drilled out in the back of that blue 88 swb you walked by it last time and we can drill out the spot welds on the rusty red rocket. It will be soo much fun!

Your on your own for drilling out the spot welds on those cab corners. I will never do that headache again separating b-pillar from rocker and roof no thanks! The outer b's are here remember? The lower corners have been cut but sure would be fairly easy to make back whole for a complete repop if that is your aim.

The white swb frame I gave you is an 86 by the way. If I can ever get to the other 1 up north its an 88 for comparison swb as well.
I have an 88,90 and my blue 91 sitting next to that frame. I'll have to see how it compares to the 86 long bed. But black Betty is an EARLY 86.

I purchased a driver's side rocker panel from Z&M Jeep a few years ago at the York Jeep show.  I have not used it yet.  I have held it up against the original.  It looks about right.

I can post a picture later.

(However, if it matches the way a bed side panel I purchased previously did, I may have a nice piece of scrap metal.)

I purchased a driver's side rocker panel from Z&M Jeep a few years ago at the York Jeep show.  I have not used it yet.  I have held it up against the original.  It looks about right.

I can post a picture later.

(However, if it matches the way a bed side panel I purchased previously did, I may have a nice piece of scrap metal.)
They're not anywhere close lol.
I bought one from them for my blue truck.
Them, C2C and another company all don't fit at all. So I cut em up and made my own

15 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

They're not anywhere close lol.
I bought one from them for my blue truck.
Them, C2C and another company all don't fit at all. So I cut em up and made my own

That's what I thought (and was afraid of) from prior experience.  

I guess I will pound that sword into a plowshare.

These are copies of factory brackets. You can trim a piece of whatever to fit em. I may send a pattern of a factory one on paper with them just for people that don't have factory flaps

Do you need OEM mud flaps to run with these brackets?  Or, can you trim any piece of rubber to the right shape and bolt them to the bracket?