Rear Window Replacement

I would like to replace the rear window with one solid piece of glass.   Does anyone know where I might find it?  

This is the only replacement window that I have found. Anyone have experience with it?

https://www.carid.com/cr-laurence/sliding-window-mpn-edv700s.html?singleid=78783648&url=88482808

Past CC forums indicate the gasket is hard to find, even used.  Does anyone have experience with this?

https://www.carid.com/1989-jeep-comanche-window-components/omix-ada-window-seal-286627562.html

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

If you want to install a solid piece of glass, why is your link to a 4-panel slider unit?

Err, maybe because that's the only new replacement MJ back window he can find of any kind?  :grinyes:

OP, the MJ rear glass is flat - most any glass shop can cut one to fit.

As far as the C.R. Laurence slider you linked to, had one put in many years ago - works great with no problems.

While on the subject of rear glass & seals.....

I had a 4 panel installed a few weeks ago. I love it, but I did notice that the aluminum frame does not seat against the body. It's leaving an 1\8" to 1\4" gap. No leaking issues, and it's installed properly, but it just doesn't seat any tighter than that.

Solutions?

A side note. The glass was flat in mine, but the installer that removed it told me that it was the wrong glass for the truck. Something that fit, but was glued in, not intake with the seal. They had cut the backing off of the old seal, and glued it in around the glass to make it look like it was installed correctly.

1 minute ago, GreasemonkeySC said:

While on the subject of rear glass & seals.....
I had a 4 panel installed a few weeks ago. I love it, but I did notice that the aluminum frame does not seat against the body. It's leaving an 1\8" to 1\4" gap. No leaking issues, and it's installed properly, but it just doesn't seat any tighter than that.
Solutions?

Do you have the trim "seal" installed around it?  It's basically there to hide any gaps.

6 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

There has to be a frame, its the frame that the gasket/trim attaches to. 

Windshields don't have frames. The newer Cherokees use a trim gasket that fits directly to the glass.

image.png.9f5a07721e0eff50f1217b3aa504011d.png

2 hours ago, Manche757 said:

If the glass is  curved will one piece still be readily available?  Will the track be used at all or will the glass be glued to the body? Will glass company supply new gasket/seal?  Old frame and glass discarded?

Stop in at reputable local glass shop and see what they can do. It's what they do, you'll get better answers there. They can cut a new piece for the back glass.