Temp. Registration and a neighbor.

johnj92131

Found that local Police tagged my TDI Comanche with a tow warning Saturday morning.  Truck was parked on street on side of house.

Now, truck has/had a red temporary operating permit taped to inside rear window.  When I checked the truck, the operating permit had been removed.  All that was left was the tape on the window.

So Monday I have to go back to DMV and get replacement permit.

Guess where the truck will get parked with new permit?

Unfortunately, someone on my street has an issue with old trucks.  Glad I have better things to do than that with my life.

Edited by johnj92131
Spelling

Don't you just love busybody neighbors that can't mind their own business? I'm sure they think they're doing the community a favor by bothering you.

I'm lucky to have neighbors that mostly appreciate... at least one of my MJs... I think.

Truck locked?  Could be B&E.  Regardless, I can’t stand AHs who think they have the right to mess with other people’s stuff, especially their Comanches.

Get a game camera to focus on the truck when you put the replacement permit in it.

I saw a couple people turning up their noses when I dropped it off. I don't think it was a neighbor messing with you though. I have had temp and plate stickers stolen before. Usually it is someone who can't pass smog and want to get away with driving their $#!& boxes. I now remove my old stickers and slice up my new stickers so they come off in pieces.

1 minute ago, shelbyluvv said:

I saw a couple people turning up their noses when I dropped it off. I don't think it was a neighbor messing with you though. I have had temp and plate stickers stolen before. Usually it is someone who can't pass smog and want to get away with driving their $#!& boxes. I now remove my old stickers and slice up my new stickers so they come off in pieces.

Agree. Probably stolen by some crackhead for resale.

Sure hope you're correct Bo and Don. It just sucked to think a neghbor on my short street needed to do that.

So I have been waiting at DMV for an hour and 15 minutes so far. I am #22 and they are serving #7 now.

At the end of the day, I havey new plates, current registration and tags. Tooke 2 visits and 6 hours of waiting. Half the waiting was my fault for not bringing the complete paperwork.

Picture of new California plate will follow when I get home.

r1zM64Dh.jpg

Yes, that is part of the reason I belong  to the Auto Club of Southern California - their DMV services are SO much quicker and smoother.

Unfortunately, because the Comanche had a British Columbia title, the Auto Club is not permitted to handle out of U.S. titles.  I had to go to the DMV.

Same issue if your want a "Real ID" Drivers License, you have to go the the DMV.

I will not bother with a "Real ID" license.  Instead have my U.S. Passport card to board domestic air craft and a U.S. Passport for International travel.