WOW nice 1988 for sale NOT MINE 22k!

This is the same truck that was on here in Dec of 2016 and then a couple of weeks ago on an auction. Ask when it last sold was ~15 and I think it went for less. Would be extremely surprised if it fetched the current asking price. Don't think we're quite there yet.

The thing is making the rounds ... It was in Jersey, now Weston, Mass. The eBay auction last week closed at $12,600 without meeting the reserve.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Jeep-Comanche-Pioneer-/132342882862?hash=item1ed040222e:g:mn4AAOSwnfdZys0O&vxp=mtr 

The seller (gai092460) posted here, stating the reserve was less than $19K and lowered it (undisclosed and in vain) before the auction ended. 

$19K is a BIG ask, even for such a nice truck. Add another $3K, plus transport?  Well. 

Funny thing is, whoever listed the  MJ  on CL had a low mileage 2000 XJ listed for ... you guessed it, $22.5K.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Jeep-Cherokee-Sport/282634668053?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 Must be their magic number.

It does seem odd that the same person would possess multiple "low mileage, perfect condition" vehicles being an XJ and an MJ.  Does anyone know the seller personally or know if this guy has a ton of money he can use to hunt down and buy these things from all over the US trying to sell at a higher price? 

It seems like some sort of scam to me.  I would think someone with enough money to buy and sell these like this, would choose a more valuable and older vehicle to peddle.  Not an XJ or MJ that can be picked up much much cheaper in not much worse shape...  I'm curious if these aren't just clean bodied vehicles that had minor repairs done,  the odometers rolled back, and were professionally detailed..   

On the other hand, the owner may just be a rich guy who got extremely lucky finding the XJ and MJ and has the money to sit on them until someone bites on his rediculous asking price. 

Either way... Something doesn't add up here.. 

The MJ was sold 15 minutes away from my house in ohio ( I knew the seller )  , I can assure the odometer was not rolled back ( it had 17k when I looked at it ) . 

There has been changed since I seen it in person :

turbines instead of white wagon wheels . 

Marchal lights 

Embroidered floor mats 

And iirc splash guards all the way around 

I have pictures on my old phone and a post on here( photobucket drama ) that I can post up here if I can get my phone to cooperate... 

12 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

The MJ was sold 15 minutes away from my house in ohio ( I knew the seller )  , I can assure the odometer was not rolled back ( it had 17k when I looked at it ) . 

There has been changed since I seen it in person :

turbines instead of white wagon wheels . 

Marchal lights 

Embroidered floor mats 

And iirc splash guards all the way around 

I have pictures on my old phone and a post on here( photobucket drama ) that I can post up here if I can get my phone to cooperate... 

In that case hopefully my last theory is correct and he is just a lucky rich guy sitting on them.. 

12 hours ago, Dzimm said:

In that case hopefully my last theory is correct and he is just a lucky rich guy sitting on them.. 

I betting on a lucky rich guy that likes old Jeeps.

Remember the pics of the truck from the other thread?  That's not the first time we've seen pics of really nice Jeeps, with Jersey plates, taken at that trucking facility.  I remember seeing pictures of TWO really clean Comanches for sale parked side-by-side on that same grassy knoll.  I think they were posted in a "Good, Bad, and Rusty" thread a while back.

So it's back, $22.5K  ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Jeep-Cherokee-Comanche-/282696925219?hash=item41d20cc023:g:8mgAAOSwAzhZ5OKZ&vxp=mtr

Subtitle reads "Not Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Explorer, Bronco, Blazer".  Obviously a professional.  I loathe people who "stuff" their ads, so when I'm looking

for a toaster, an exercise bike shows up in my search results.   

This one is destined for flipperville.   I hope it sells for 30k. Makes everyone elses Comanches worth more. 

Had I gotten to the seller in northern Ohio a day earlier I would be driving that truck on forest roads in Wyoming right now.....hopefully with a bloody stinky dead elk in the bed.