Anone here the administration of Jeep Comanche on Facebook

pitbull4x4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I can pull out of that group...

Rob

He seems quite useful.

And yet less than 12 hours later I'm in.

Sticking to my guns here. I approve members all the time on the group I admin. Telling people you aren't accepting members is a bad move. I just may be one, but I don't need to be a part of that.

prince.gif?w=650

Rob

There is absolutely no cost for members. At times, you can have a back log (like the 100 some he had) but there is a button that will batch approve the whole queue. The other MJ group I'm an administrator on has hit and miss runs on approval. Most of the time I'll skim the info before approval because Facebook tells you how long they've been active and how many other groups they are in. If you've been on FB awhile and aren't part of a googleplex of groups, I green light you.

Personally, I can't figure out why the Comanche Club page itself is such a deserted wasteland.

Rob

but what would we do with it?  guys on FB already double/triple post of other jeep fb pages, and any tech q-n-a would then be unsearchable.  honestly, I'd be happy with MJotM updates but I can't manage remembering even that.  :(

Like I said I made a mistake by asking what part were worth. For the past month been hitting the join button and have never been let back in. This was the only time I ever asked anything to do with the price of parts. I even sent an administrator a pm and never received a reply

I guess it's a lost cause

I think FB is terrible as far as tech help goes. The quality of help is MUCH better around here. I think we should wake up the ComancheClub page (hell, I'd offer to do it myself) as far as news posts go but point any tech questions/stuff for sale to the forum. The classifieds sections on here are way more readable than FB for sale groups anyway.

(hell, I'd offer to do it myself)

done. :thumbsup:   though I haven't a clue how to make you a "mod" or anything.  :dunno:

since we have such a backlog of MJotM's, how about once a week or every other week we throw up a few photos and a link to the CC page that highlights that build? 

Personally, I can't figure out why the Comanche Club page itself is such a deserted wasteland.

Good question.

Does Comanche Club have a Facebook group? It seems I 'like' a ComancheClub.com page, but not a group. Really, as a non admin there is not much you can do for a page you can only 'like'. Discussions are hard to find and originate. It really is dependent on the administrators creating news and discussion for those that like the page. Jeep does a great job with this for their page. If you want discussion and member participation on Facebook, you have to make Comanche Club a group not just a page to 'like'.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that just confirms everything I thought was true about that group. Guess I'm out too. Do we need to make our own group where the admins don't kick knowledgeable members out for no reason?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

We always have the CC club FB page guys... We can provide the same service level over there as we have always counted on here... That makes us more visible to the outside world too... Sharing and whatnot with the commonfolk.

Rob

We always have the CC club FB page guys... We can provide the same service level over there as we have always counted on here... That makes us more visible to the outside world too... Sharing and whatnot with the commonfolk.

Rob

Currently vistor posts have to be approved one by one. If you or Pete change this, we can have discussions and people's truck pics without having to approve every one.

Rob

There are a lot of people who don't use or join forums but are comfortable with fb groups/pages. If a few of you set up and Admin the page there, you would see an increase in member traffic while also allowing you to help a broader range of members.

Rob

There are a lot of people who don't use or join forums but are comfortable with fb groups/pages. If a few of you set up and Admin the page there, you would see an increase in member traffic while also allowing you to help a broader range of members.

Facebook has killed forums.  People are more comfortable with it, find it easier, and they're already logged into it anyways (gotta like and share those cat pictures, they ain't gonna do it themselves).  Which sucks because Facebooks formatting does not lead well to cataloging technical information, IMHO.