You should consider branding these. Just off the top of my head...

Krusty_Brand_Seal_of_Approval-150x150.gi

That's a good one! But the hitches would cost more with this cost. And I couldn't stick them on bate metal since everyone has to paint them .Then if II'd send them out not stuck on half the people wouldn't stick them on after paint so that's a waste. And I'm trying to keep these as fairly priced and affordable for everyone.

But probably next year sometime once I'm settled into my new garage/workshop I'll hopefully have more MJ bolt ons being made. :)

Thanks! And $80 isn't that bad. Was it sandblasted too? And if you got rid of the seam on the inside the thickness of the powder coat shouldn't make a difference when sliding the ball in. Mine is satin black too. Matches everything else perfect.

It was sandblasted too for $80.  I thought it was a good deal.  Unfortunately I didn't get rid of the seam on the inside because I didn't realize it was necessary.  Now my hitch won't slide into the receiver. :(  I took my dremel and ground a matching groove into the hitch, but it still won't fit.  The seam doesn't seem to be the problem.  It looks like the powder coat makes it too narrow, because it is not wide enough anymore for the ball to slide in.  I guess I should have considered the fit before coating it, not sure what my next step will be.

Thanks! And $80 isn't that bad. Was it sandblasted too? And if you got rid of the seam on the inside the thickness of the powder coat shouldn't make a difference when sliding the ball in. Mine is satin black too. Matches everything else perfect.

It was sandblasted too for $80.  I thought it was a good deal.  Unfortunately I didn't get rid of the seam on the inside because I didn't realize it was necessary.  Now my hitch won't slide into the receiver. :(  I took my dremel and ground a matching groove into the hitch, but it still won't fit.  The seam doesn't seem to be the problem.  It looks like the powder coat makes it too narrow, because it is not wide enough anymore for the ball to slide in.  I guess I should have considered the fit before coating it, not sure what my next step will be.

You'll just have to buff a little off the ball and the inside of the receiver won't last very long anyways so you could buff it too if you can. I didn't have any problem with the thickness of the powder on mine and I told them to make it extra thick. But even if I did have to buff some down or off the hitch it was free so I wouldn't've complained.

Didn't read the whole post but they do make receiver material that has no seam on the inside.

but for the price of that piece i can buy all the square tubing for a hitch... 

they sell them at rural king or tractor supply for like $15. 

that was my thing,...trying to keep cost as low as possible to help everybody out. 

a little bit, and i mean just a little bit, of filing and the ball slips right in. 

Mucho kudos to Krusty for producing quality affordable MJ hitches unobtainable anywhere else. This hitch problem was blabbed about for maybe a couple of years with zero results before Krusty filled the void. Every MJ should have a hitch, because someday you'll need it. Krusty, you are a doer mate, not a blabber.  No need to explain the methodology to anyone as I see it.

Mucho kudos to Krusty for producing quality affordable MJ hitches unobtainable anywhere else. This hitch problem was blabbed about for maybe a couple of years with zero results before Krusty filled the void. Every MJ should have a hitch, because someday you'll need it. Krusty, you are a doer mate, not a blabber. No need to explain the methodology to anyone as I see it.

Basically the only thing I did that nobody else could do, that was such a big deal, was get the plates cut in quantity and quality. And with the help of, I think, terrawombat (sorry if that wasn't who it was) for giving me the template they made, I only had maybe an hour of my personal time with having it drawn up, test plate lasered out, test fit on my truck, re-engineered just a tiny bit and a 2nd test plate cut out. And an hour to cut out 20 sets of plates... Anybody that woulda had access to a $650,000 laser could've had them cut out just as easily

But thanks everybody for all the support!

I'm ready to make more for whoever still wants one but I need "pre-orders" before I pay to have them cut out, I can't front that cost out of pocket then have people back out...

Shelbyluvv also sent me a drawing for MJ swb (and lwb) sliders to look at over the next few months to see what I can do about those...

I'm down to try anything now that I know I have the support of all you guys!

• 1 month later...

Didn't read the whole post but they do make receiver material that has no seam on the inside.

that was my thing,...trying to keep cost as low as possible to help everybody out. 

a little bit, and i mean just a little bit, of filing and the ball slips right in. 

Hey Kursty, awesome product!! 

Per the above, check with your steel supplier...  You should be able to get whole lengths (20-24') of 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x .238"  "Flash Removed" A500 tube.  Cut that to short lengths for the reciever instead of using standard 2-1/2 square that you're using now.  It is a bit more expensive than standard tubing, but the price difference when only using it for the 6" long reciever shouldn't add much to the overall cost, and hitches would fit much better...   The "Flash Removed" tubing is actually made just for receivers, so the ID is slightly over 2" and the corners are a little tighter.  Even the solid shank hitches fit!   :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kursty, awesome product!! 

Per the above, check with your steel supplier...  You should be able to get whole lengths (20-24') of 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x .238"  "Flash Removed" A500 tube.  Cut that to short lengths for the reciever instead of using standard 2-1/2 square that you're using now.  It is a bit more expensive than standard tubing, but the price difference when only using it for the 6" long reciever shouldn't add much to the overall cost, and hitches would fit much better...   The "Flash Removed" tubing is actually made just for receivers, so the ID is slightly over 2" and the corners are a little tighter.  Even the solid shank hitches fit!   :)

Sooo...the steel supplier that the company I work for can't get this tubing. We couldn't even find anybody around that can get it. And ita too expensive to order it anywhere else ($15-$17 a foot) so I guess everybody will just have to man up and buff the seam out of their hitch when they get it. (Seriously takes about 5 min with a big file)

• 2 weeks later...

i finally found a supplier that carries the "flash removed" tubing!!!! it is a lot cheaper than $15 a foot but its still abut twice as much as the tubing I'm using already...

SOOO.... ive decided to change my prices a little since this tubing costs more and the rest of the steel cost has gone up slightly...

Set of hitch plates was $75 NOW $80 and includes the set of bolts i sold separately for $3

Complete hitch was $180 NOW $190 and includes the set of bolts i sold separately for $3 and this now includes the receiver tube that requires no grinding for the ball to fit!

this will be updated on the 1st page also. 

not a big price change. just enough to cover the new costs since I'm still not making a lot off these hitches. 

i will hopefully have more plates cut this week or next (i know ive said that for the past couple months but I'm throwing a fit about it now at work to get them cut, Ha)

thanks guys for your patience and support.

Even with a small price increase your hitches are worth every penny.  If people have a problem with the price, then they can go without I say. :thumbsup:

Yep! And it's basically not even a price increase. Just combining the bolt price with the hitch too. Makes it easier for me when sending everything out.

Mucho kudos to Krusty for producing quality affordable MJ hitches unobtainable anywhere else. This hitch problem was blabbed about for maybe a couple of years with zero results before Krusty filled the void. Every MJ should have a hitch, because someday you'll need it. Krusty, you are a doer mate, not a blabber. No need to explain the methodology to anyone as I see it.

Basically the only thing I did that nobody else could do, that was such a big deal, was get the plates cut in quantity and quality. And with the help of, I think, terrawombat (sorry if that wasn't who it was) for giving me the template they made, I only had maybe an hour of my personal time with having it drawn up, test plate lasered out, test fit on my truck, re-engineered just a tiny bit and a 2nd test plate cut out. And an hour to cut out 20 sets of plates... Anybody that woulda had access to a $650,000 laser could've had them cut out just as easily

Yes, that was me.

Appreciate you getting this done.  I never had the means to mass produce anything beyond the hitch plates.  Ultimately people were not as interested in those as they were in getting a fully welded assembly.

I also purchased one of your hitches and it's top notch.  I'll be sending it to the powdercoater this winter for my diesel MJ project.

Mucho kudos to Krusty for producing quality affordable MJ hitches unobtainable anywhere else. This hitch problem was blabbed about for maybe a couple of years with zero results before Krusty filled the void. Every MJ should have a hitch, because someday you'll need it. Krusty, you are a doer mate, not a blabber.  No need to explain the methodology to anyone as I see it.

At least I shared my efforts to get this effort accomplished whereas the other blabber fabricated a hitch, posted pictures and then called us all morons because we were overthinking it and it was so easy to do.  

Yes, that was me.

Appreciate you getting this done.  I never had the means to mass produce anything beyond the hitch plates.  Ultimately people were not as interested in those as they were in getting a fully welded assembly.

I also purchased one of your hitches and it's top notch.  I'll be sending it to the powdercoater this winter for my diesel MJ project.

At least I shared my efforts to get this effort accomplished whereas the other blabber fabricated a hitch, posted pictures and then called us all morons because we were overthinking it and it was so easy to do.  

your efforts helped a lot! saved me a lot of engineering time. 

and thanks for your purchase. 

i needed a hitch badly too and since i was going to have to go through all this for my 1 hitch, why not just have a bunch made.... 

I will say thanks to both of you for making it happen.  Otherwise my chances of even getting a hitch was slim, let alone for a decent price.  Honestly, you could have tacked on a bunch of extra money to line your pockets, but you didn't.  I really respect the fact that you kept everything reasonable.