The advice on forum is I need to order a hitch for an 87 Comanche from you. I'm going to have to replace the rear bumper I guess with a fey that everyone is talking about. So not sure how the two are supposed to work together.

I'm new, inexperienced, on a budget and I'm over my head lol. Wish there was several local mj owners who have rebuilt their trucks close to me who could look this beast over and tell me what all I am missing.

The advice on forum is I need to order a hitch for an 87 Comanche from you. I'm going to have to replace the rear bumper I guess with a fey that everyone is talking about. So not sure how the two are supposed to work together.

I'm new, inexperienced, on a budget and I'm over my head lol. Wish there was several local mj owners who have rebuilt their trucks close to me who could look this beast over and tell me what all I am missing.

My hitches should fit with a fey bumper since factory ones did but once somebody I've sold one to post how it fits we'll know for sure. And it looks like you've got A good project truck! As long as its sturdy and sound it's a great start.

How much is it to buy your hitch set up? I'll put it on and attach a fey bumper as well and take pictures.

I have to buy a fey bumper still and I'm not sure what an inexpensive good one is or all the places to get the right one. I keep finding bumper fillers and have no idea what that is

How much is it to buy your hitch set up? I'll put it on and attach a fey bumper as well and take pictures.

I have to buy a fey bumper still and I'm not sure what an inexpensive good one is or all the places to get the right one. I keep finding bumper fillers and have no idea what that is

$180 plus shipping.

And you can get FEY bumpers from summit or Amazon $150 or so.

The quality of your product surpassed my expectations. Some of the best fabrication work I have seen. Thank you. 

thanks! post up pictures and comments when you get it mounted up! 

i got mine powdercoated last week.

(actually it was another one i built, had it powdered then switched it with the one i already had mounted on my truck.)

this is the original hitch i made all mounted up without the bumper on.

with factory bumper brackets left on. 

ive had someone ask me what the spacers are for... the factory bumper brackets have a "hump" in them and the spacers allow the hitch to mount flat to the bumper bracket on the frame. 

"hump"

pulled my 18' car hauler this weekend with my 1200lb side by side 120 miles yesterday,...no problems. 

Loving the fact that someone has stepped up and SOLVED this long enduring problem of the lack of hitches!  :thumbsup:

I do have one concern........ those safety chain loops don't remotely look sturdy enough to do the job with a light weight trailer, much less that car hauler trailer in the pic you posted above.

I'd seriously reconsider a stronger chain loop design.

The only thing I personally need the chain loops to do is trip the trailer brakes I I if it comes off the ball...

But other than the factory loops being made of round stock(which I understand is stronger) it's the same. Both are 5/16" thick...

If someone has a concern about them they can order it without the loop or choose option D and I can come up with something for a little more money.

But thanks for the support otherwise.

The quality of your product surpassed my expectations. Some of the best fabrication work I have seen. Thank you. 

I agree completely.  When the hitch arrived, even the UPS driver said "That's some nice work".  The pictures I've seen don't do it justice.  My wife accused me of spending too much time with my new Hitch.

Thanks a lot krusty.

I agree completely.  When the hitch arrived, even the UPS driver said "That's some nice work".  The pictures I've seen don't do it justice.  My wife accused me of spending too much time with my new Hitch.

Thanks a lot krusty.

Thanks. And Not a problem guys. I'm glad I found a price that was good for everybody! I don't think I've had one complaint there except with shipping but that happens, it's a bulky object.

I'm currently out of the hitch plates and have them on order with the lasers at work. Will probably be a month or so before I have more. I'll be building the few I have parts left for (they're already paid for and spoken for) I'll update more as soon as I know.

Keep placing orders though so I know where I'm at there. Ill get everyone taken care of eventually.

Thanks for your patience.

The only thing I personally need the chain loops to do is trip the trailer brakes I I if it comes off the ball...

But other than the factory loops being made of round stock(which I understand is stronger) it's the same. Both are 5/16" thick...

If someone has a concern about them they can order it without the loop or choose option D and I can come up with something for a little more money.

I hear what you're saying about needing to trip the trailer brakes, but proper safety chaining requires that the chains are criss-crossed so that when the tongue drops, the chains cradle it and keep it from hitting the road surface and digging in.  Those chain loops need to be able to support some weight.

LOL......... not trying to turn this into a big discussion about safe trailer hauling and what not.  Sorry if this seems off topic.

I'd like to see this style.  Gives lots of surface area to be welded for a solid mount and gussets the receiver:

16k-reciever-hitch.jpg

That's awesome that you're willing to make modifications should a buyer want to address this kind of concern!  If I didn't already have 2 hitches, I'd be a buyer.

I'm confused...

You told me two weeks ago that you would be

starting mine in a few days. Are you saying the

blanks youre still building have all been sold

or that you are completely sold out and not

making any more for a "month or so?"

I'm confused...

You told me two weeks ago that you would be

starting mine in a few days. Are you saying the

blanks youre still building have all been sold

or that you are completely sold out and not

making any more for a "month or so?"

I'm actually going to start on yours tonight.

and to clear it up better... anybody that has ordered a hitch or plates so far will get them. anybody that orders after today will have to wait a few weeks (most likely) to get theirs because ill have to have more cut out.

it will take me AT LEAST a couple weeks anyways to build the ones that are already ordered. I'm going as fast as i can, sorry guys. 

I hear what you're saying about needing to trip the trailer brakes, but proper safety chaining requires that the chains are criss-crossed so that when the tongue drops, the chains cradle it and keep it from hitting the road surface and digging in.  Those chain loops need to be able to support some weight.

LOL......... not trying to turn this into a big discussion about safe trailer hauling and what not.  Sorry if this seems off topic.

I'd like to see this style.  Gives lots of surface area to be welded for a solid mount and gussets the receiver:

16k-reciever-hitch.jpg

That's awesome that you're willing to make modifications should a buyer want to address this kind of concern!  If I didn't already have 2 hitches, I'd be a buyer.

i was actually going to do an angled gusset like that on mine but to have it mount to the stock bumper and have the pin hole in about the same spot (not towards the end of the receiver like the picture) then it wouldnt have worked... the 2x3 piece of angle is welded on and basically the same as this angled gusset.  the only "easy" option to put a beefier loop on the bottom of the receiver would be to cut a piece maybe 3x6x1/4 or 3/8  with 2 big 1 1/2" holes in it(chain loops) with some 1/4" holes for plug welds and weld that to the bottom of the receiver tube...

if anybody can do any "stress" tests on my loops thatd be interesting... (2"x1 3/4"x5/16" loop,- 2 on each side of 2.5" tube- down and back force)

trying to keep it all as close to factory as possible....

it will take me AT LEAST a couple weeks anyways

to build the ones that are already ordered. I'm

going as fast as i can, sorry guys.

No need to apologize, id rather you work slow and

make sure its right instead of getting something

that was just slapped together. I took your last

post to mean you were finished this batch which had

me mixfused... keep on forgin'...

Thanks. And yes, I may be taking longer than I should (20 min. Longer) to build and weld these but I'm going slow so they're all as close to perfect as I can get them and to where they meet my approval. I won't ship anything I don't like.

I would rather buy from somebody with this work ethic and mentality than get instant gratification.  I'm looking forward to getting off work tonight and hopefully unboxing my new hitch.  Unless it arrives in the annoying 4 hour window where nobody is home, then I will dislike the postal people until I have it lol.

Thanks. And yes, I may be taking longer than I should (20 min. Longer) to build and weld these but I'm going slow so they're all as close to perfect as I can get them and to where they meet my approval. I won't ship anything I don't like.

I would rather buy from somebody with this work ethic and mentality than get instant gratification.  I'm looking forward to getting off work tonight and hopefully unboxing my new hitch.  Unless it arrives in the annoying 4 hour window where nobody is home, then I will dislike the postal people until I have it lol.

thanks. and if its not there and you have time you should be able to go pick it up at UPS.