Let me know if you need any more engineering assistance.  I have both SWB and LWB MJs to use as a template.

will do! 

i built 2 hitches last night (after having to remember the quickest and easiest way to do it all again) theyll ship out tomorrow.

also listed them on ebay. it was a really big hassle and i hope it pays off...

will do! 

i built 2 hitches last night (after having to remember the quickest and easiest way to do it all again) theyll ship out tomorrow.

personally I don't like selling on ebay as you have to pay back a percentage of the sale to ebay after processing.  thus losing almost all profit. (also why you find things for $1 but $60 shipping, I believe this is an attempted loophole to paying the fee)

will do! 

personally I don't like selling on ebay as you have to pay back a percentage of the sale to ebay after processing.  thus losing almost all profit. (also why you find things for $1 but $60 shipping, I believe this is an attempted loophole to paying the fee)

I didn't know you had to pay back some .(I figured it was a small fee like PayPal. But the shipping side is weird. It said all shipping was less than half of what I'm "charging" now. So I had to change some numbers and dimensions and stuff to give an "accurate" shipping cost. And none of the details or stuff I entered and chose is right. I'll give it a week and see where it is. It's probably not worth it.

I just don't know where else to list them at. They're on here, Cherokee forum and facebook. I haven't tried the general Jeep forums yet. It's hard to keep up with stuff on here. Ha.

will do! 

I didn't know you had to pay back some .(I figured it was a small fee like PayPal. But the shipping side is weird. It said all shipping was less than half of what I'm "charging" now. So I had to change some numbers and dimensions and stuff to give an "accurate" shipping cost. And none of the details or stuff I entered and chose is right. I'll give it a week and see where it is. It's probably not worth it.

I just don't know where else to list them at. They're on here, Cherokee forum and facebook. I haven't tried the general Jeep forums yet. It's hard to keep up with stuff on here. Ha.

Ebay charges a 10% final value fee, plus a ~10% fee on the shipping charge you post in the auction. So set your prices accordingly. Ebay is fine if you do that to compensate for their fees, and you reach many more potential buyers than any other method.

well that sucks. but there is a lot of traffic on there. within 30 seconds it said 8 people looked at it. 

but while i was setting it up it gave me a "recommended" price of $121 because that was the average of similar items. so that is what problem i think ill have selling them on ebay... someone will see this universal fits all-requires a lot of fab work to fit hitch for $70 cheaper and buy it without understanding my hitch and price...

o well. 

look at this!!! NO SEAM! yay! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sold my first hitch on EBay yesterday! I still think it's going to be more of a hassle than what it's worth. The shipping is still weird .It charged him $48 for shipping and I checked it and it was $41. (That's OK with me) but then I was doing the PayPal/shipping combo thing, that I later canceled and OT said shipping was $75... So confusing. The amount he sent is right, I think, just eBay and PayPal are idiots together.

Not sure of your location? What you may want to do is figure shipping from your location to the farthest point in the US from you add $25.00 to that amount add it to the hitch price  and make the shipping free in the lower 48 states.

Sold my first hitch on EBay yesterday! I still think it's going to be more of a hassle than what it's worth. The shipping is still weird .It charged him $48 for shipping and I checked it and it was $41. (That's OK with me) but then I was doing the PayPal/shipping combo thing, that I later canceled and OT said shipping was $75... So confusing. The amount he sent is right, I think, just eBay and PayPal are idiots together.

Are you located in Canada? That would explain the shipping discrepancy.

Not sure of your location? What you may want to do is figure shipping from your location to the farthest point in the US from you add $25.00 to that amount add it to the hitch price  and make the shipping free in the lower 48 states.

Sold my first hitch on EBay yesterday! I still think it's going to be more of a hassle than what it's worth. The shipping is still weird .It charged him $48 for shipping and I checked it and it was $41. (That's OK with me) but then I was doing the PayPal/shipping combo thing, that I later canceled and it said shipping was $75... So confusing. The amount he sent is right, I think, just eBay and PayPal are idiots together.

Are you located in Canada? That would explain the shipping discrepancy.

nope, I'm in west central Indiana...

and i was trying to keep away from doing a standard ship rate to try to make it "fair" for the people closer to me... but it should all be good now the way its working out. 

i hope. 

i just shipped one to canada last week (not the ebay sale) and it was actually cheaper to send it across the border than it was to ship it to seattle which I'm guessing wasnt too far from where it was going in canada 

and i took a break from building hitches for a couple days and started building and selling some of these...

started out as christmas presents for family and turned into little money makers... $25 a rose! not too bad i guess. 

very small update...

i welded this last hitch a little differently in one spot. 

this does not affect the strength of the hitch! it does not weaken it! 

I'm not sure how i feel about it though. even though youll never see this part of the hitch i still want it to look good. 

INPUT?

a little off topic...

powdercoated roses 

3D nature scenes 

racecar 

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got a couple hitches left! Come n guys. Everybody needs one!

Keeping this thread in mind when tax time comes around. Definitely interest in purchasing one, even with the not-as-manly 2.5 I've got. :thumbsup:  You've done a great thing for everyone, Krusty; the other's who've helped with the original plans as well. 

I've still got a couple hitches left! Come n guys. Everybody needs one!

Keeping this thread in mind when tax time comes around. Definitely interest in purchasing one, even with the not-as-manly 2.5 I've got. :thumbsup:  You've done a great thing for everyone, Krusty; the other's who've helped with the original plans as well.

I've seen some 2.5s pull some pretty heavy loads! But ya, just let me know in a couple months I'll try to have some ready then.

you will have another 2 or 3 sold here before too long I'm sure. My brother just got back into an MJ and I definitely need one, maybe 2! going to plan a trip your way soon, I hope.

Good deal! Where in Indiana are you?

I will be buying another in a month or so, i justhave other obligations i need to focus on right now.I'm sorry i can't be more definative in a timeframe.

That'll work. No rush. I'm a little on the busy side right this second anyways so a month or so would be good. Seems to be about how long everyone is waiting after the holidays.

you will have another 2 or 3 sold here before too long I'm sure. My brother just got back into an MJ and I definitely need one, maybe 2! going to plan a trip your way soon, I hope.

Attica. Roughly an hour from you!

Attica. Roughly an hour from you!

Cool. I was up there a couple months ago for the Comanche meet. Even tho there was only 2 of us there lol.

• 4 weeks later...