Falling Gas Prices!!!

Blue88Comanche

Last tank fill on October 21st was $3.219/gal... previous tank fill on September 17th was a $3.789/gal at same station. The last time I paid this low per gallon was February 13th of this year. The lowest I have paid all year long was on January 16th at $3.169/gal.

All of these were for 87 octane at the Fred Meyer gas station here in town... I even try to get the same pump each fill just to remain consistent on tracking fuel economy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run non ethanol in my Comanche ,Jet Skis,4 wheeler and lawn equipment.It's still around $3.25 around here. But that's a big drop from where it's been,Any one else running non ethanol in their Comanche?

I run non ethanol in my Comanche ,Jet Skis,4 wheeler and lawn equipment.It's still around $3.25 around here. But that's a big drop from where it's been,Any one else running non ethanol in their Comanche?

About the same $$ for non-ethanol here. I run it in my carbed stuff since ethanol and whatever other "junk additives" are in it ruins diaphragms pretty quick. I don't think it's worth the extra coin for constant use in injected vehicles since I can't remember anything that failed due to additives except for the occasional o-ring.

Paid $2.639 for regular at an Exxon in Springville, AL yesterday. Probably had 10% ethanol in it.

On another subject, had to use my 91 MJ as a daily driver for a few days while having a transmission put in my Silverado. Got 18 + MPG, mostly highway miles at 70 - 75 MPH.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting theory:

North America has large oil reserves but it has always been cheaper to import then recover what is here. As oil broke $100/barrel it became economical to invest in the infrastructure to recover that oil and to invest in new technologies such as fracking. That threatened the profits of the current producers in OPEC. OPEC in general and Saudi Arabia in particular waited until the investments were made and then began cutting their prices back to levels that made extracting the local oil unprofitable while making those above investments to recover the local oil into business losses. 

If that is true have we just been played? Were the artificially high prices of the last few years part of a plan to create this situation? If so how many such cycles before people become gun shy in investing in local recovery?

The "conspiracy theory" aspect is not my own although it seems plausible. That recovering N. American oil requires a relatively high price per barrel to be profitable and it is cheaper to import oil unless a threshold near $100 is met is considered a given. That Saudi Arabia has recently increased production and lowered prices drastically which lead to the current drop in crude prices is also true. 

I just found this interesting anyway. Your mileage may vary.  

$2.84 here today

diesel is up over 4 bucks again...

Yeowch. I feel ya. Hovering around $3.60ish down here in the middle of FL. Good thing I don't run Diesel rigs.  :banana:

Regular, non-ethenol gas is still more expensive than diesel though.  :doh:

If it was available in my state I wouldnt ever touch blended junk ever again...

Non-Ethanol gas is available in Pennsylvania! Check out this site to see if there are any stations in your area who sell it:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=PA

I'm kinda sad there is not an 93 octane Non-Ethanol near me lol

The non eth I buy is 89 octane, but is also about the same price as diesel. I'm not sure its worth it or not, but Ill keep getting it for the MJ as long as I can find it. I started getting it just for the mowers, but I figured it would be better in the truck than the alky stuff, and for no more than I drive it, it can't hurt.