MJOTM - October, 2014 - Jeep Driver's '88

It is October! It's a time of change... this time of year. The weather, the leaves... the Comanches. Yup... seems like it's this time of year that I really get a move-on when it comes to finishing up projects. For some of us, the projects go on year round... and the rest of us love watching! One of such trucks is this clean '88. Seems like there's always something moving forward and getting better and better! This month is all for...

Jeep Driver's '88 Pioneer!!!

Image Not Found

YEAR/MODEL

1988 Pioneer

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●

DRIVETRAIN ●

AX5 from 97 Wrangler, 231 from 94 XJ, 8.25 from 97 XJ.

COOLING ●

Spectre replacement radiator with full time E-fan controlled by Spal switch

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

Stock, gone through completely with all sensors and coil replaced.

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Stock, gone through completely with all bushings and components replaced, WJ LCAs, leafs rebuilt, JKS shackles, Bilstein shocks.

INTERIOR ●

Remains unchanged from stock but will soon be replaced, buckets await upholstery and carpet to be ordered (black), still searching for 97 SE doors.

BRAKES ●

Fronts replaced completely, rears are 03 Liberty discs with prop-valve eliminated. Upgraded to ZJ booster and MC.

LIGHTING ●

PAL housings with H4 bulbs. Rear to be replaced when suitable replacements are found and body work is done.

EXTERIOR ●

Awaiting paint

WHEELS/TIRES ●

Ravines with Cooper AT3, 31s

MISCELLANEOUS ●

I bought the truck as rust free 2wd in Altanta with a 'new' engine that had approx 5K miles on it. Engine is now worn out at 60K miles. New engine is now on the engine stand with most of the parts I need purchases and machine work done.

Image Not Found

On the job

Image Not Found

Home built bumper/receiver

Image Not Found

Right after I brought it home

Image Not Found

Conversion day

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●

No stories, it's my DD.

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●

There is no way I could have taken my truck this far without the help of CC and its members. Thank you.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Nice, Scott... real nice. I like the little details all over this truck. Everything is just so clean and I think it's great that you continue to improve on it. There's just not enough good information out there on the 2.5s and this one is just a nice example of what possible. Tip of the Comanche Stetson to you, sir.

-Ben

Click here to view the article

This truck has been one of my favorites for quite some time. JeepDriver has not only retained it's originality but improved it with several well thought out "out-of-the-box" modifications. His work is always meticulous and sound, looks great, and I'm sure there will be much more to come. I'm looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...