Rev's '88 Sportruck

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I got the steering set right to get my radius back, my sway bar endlinks installed, and bypassed the rear load sensing valve. I am really happy with the finished product and ride height! I attached a photo of the exact fitting needed for bypassing the valve with the 8.8 in hopes it saves others some time getting the right one the first time!

I hope all of my pics aren't killing you guys! haha

Thanks man, I actually have center caps for it but I had only wheels on the front and the rear on jack stands Friday while I took the four to have them remounted and balanced, so when I got home instinctually I just started to put the wheels on and forgot to grab the caps.

Mud Dawgs are great tires. They are a renamed Maxxis Big Horn. You'll love them off road. I had them on my WJ and it was a wheeling machine!

I knew they looked familiar!

I have the maxxis bighorn on my cherokee with about 30-40% thread and man they are awesome in the mud! Haven't gotten stuck yet!

Your definitely going to love them....

• 2 weeks later...

Mud Dawgs are great tires. They are a renamed Maxxis Big Horn. You'll love them off road. I had them on my WJ and it was a wheeling machine!

I knew they looked familiar!

I have the maxxis bighorn on my cherokee with about 30-40% thread and man they are awesome in the mud! Haven't gotten stuck yet!

Your definitely going to love them....

Yea they're good tires from what I've seen, my friends wife works for Maxxis so he runs the Big Horns and they've done great for him!

I put on some new outer glass seals because the old ones were so hard and brittle they were scratching my glass and breaking away. Not to mention they'd cut you if you put your arm up! I also had a spare mirror that I put on that wasn't faded out.

The stabilizer was pretty shot so I went ahead and replaced that since pretty much everything else had already been done. I still need to take it in for an alignment to get the caster just right but it's been driving fine so far.

And of course I had to get some pictures of it next to my old XJ which has changed a lot exterior wise. Rubicon Anvil paint, hood vents, armor to replace the old pocket flares, new front and rear bumper, WARN winch with OBA, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got my winch mounted in the bumper and installed some cube LEDs on the stinger. I haven't wired any of it up just yet because my battery doesn't have enough CCA for the winch so I figure I'll wait and get a new one first. I had to recently replace the CPS, coil (again), and rotor (again). I also made a homebrew intake for the RENIX 4.0.

Anyone think my CPS was bad?

This was the early stage before I rerouted the hoses and put in a heatshield.

Finished product.

• 2 months later...

I'm currently waiting on my rear ARB, air kit, and rear diff cover to come in so I can finally have my regear and lockers done. I also have a set of chromoly 30 spline inner and outer shafts for my Dana 30 as well as a pair of chromoly shafts for the 8.8. I picked up a set of TruckLites because I was tired of the poor visibility at night. Recently my slave cylinder started leaking on my BA10 and since my AX15 needs a rebuild I figure I'm going to just put a slave in this and go since it's still relatively low mileage. Luckily I have a  new clutch and cover I was holding for the swap, so I'll go ahead and put that in too. I'm not sure why all of my links appear to have broken, I'll work on fixing those. My friend asked if he could take some pictures of the truck, and they came out pretty nice! Right now I've just rolled over 99k miles!

How happy are you with the truck lights?  I remember having to upgrade on mine because the factory lights were so bad.  I am considering upgrading to the truck lights on my JK because the factory ones on those are pretty bad too.

I installed the Trucklites on my JK a few months ago. They are as advertised and I love them. The factory JK headlamps I thought were actually worse than my original stock MJ headlamps. You would think Chrysler could have fixed that in 21 years.   :shake:  Northridge 4x4 had a special for the two 7" round lamps and the Pulse Width Modulation adapter harnesses awhile back and I grabbed them. Now I'm going to replace the Hella e-codes and harness with the Trucklites too.

What lights are these?

They are Truck Lite LED headlights. The YJ in the picture above has basic H2 conversion housings with no wiring upgrades. Those were his HIGH beams against my low beams. haha

How happy are you with the truck lights?  I remember having to upgrade on mine because the factory lights were so bad.  I am considering upgrading to the truck lights on my JK because the factory ones on those are pretty bad too.

I installed the Trucklites on my JK a few months ago. They are as advertised and I love them. The factory JK headlamps I thought were actually worse than my original stock MJ headlamps. You would think Chrysler could have fixed that in 21 years.   :shake:  Northridge 4x4 had a special for the two 7" round lamps and the Pulse Width Modulation adapter harnesses awhile back and I grabbed them. Now I'm going to replace the Hella e-codes and harness with the Trucklites too.

Yea I don't think I'd ever go back to factory lights after owning these. Night visibility is a huge thing to me when it comes to my vehicles.

Put a new slave cylinder in it this weekend and changed the trans fluid. I even source the proper socket for the BA10 fill and drain plug. I've got a really low engaging pedal and it's not necessarily grinding, but it does have some trouble going in and out of any gear at different times. The MC cup was coated in black stuff so I'm thinking the MC might not be building proper pressure and the clutch isn't getting engaged properly. The clutch and cover were in such good shape I opted not to replace it, especially because the hub on the new Sachs clutch I bought was loose in the disc enough that I didn't feel comfortable installing it. So with that money saved I think I'll go ahead and throw a MC in it for the minimal cost.

• 2 weeks later...

MC didn't change anything other than my pedal feel. I'm still having the issue with it going in and out of any gear at times. When it does shift it feels fine and I get no grinds which lead me to believe it's not a synchro issue. Someone mentioned aligning the shift rails so I put a thread up in the Tech section if anyone has any input!

• 1 month later...

The clutch is still a little wonky. Double and triple clutching it works most of the time. I've currently got my AX15 being rebuilt so that will just go in instead of dropping the POS BA10 again to fix it. I got a JCR rear bumper kit that is a DIY. My buddy is welding it up for me since he's a boss with that stuff. Aside from that not much has changed with it recently. Right now the trans issues are the only reason my lockers/gears aren't done.

Just a shot with my buddies XJ.