Rev's '88 Sportruck

It's allliiiiive! Got the tank back in and hooked up today. Just went ahead and did plugs while I had my girlfriend run to the parts store for me. I shut it off because the fpr started leaking, so that'll get dealt with next. lol My clutch pedal is nonexistent so I'm hoping a bleed is all it will need for the time being.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge fan of this build. Similar story here, except mine sat for ~8 years after a fuel pump died and didn't have any mice in the engine bay. Rock on! :thumbsup:

P.S. That truck looks fantastic with the dark silver and those wheels.

Mine was somewhat a similar story. When I had bought it , the PO pulled the head 5 years prior to me buying it. There was a head in the passenger seat wrapped in garbage bags and tape, the top of the motor was only protected by its hood, and a garbage bag full of little bags that were luckily labeled laid on the floorboard. After waiting for parts, I had it running within 2 weeks.been driving it since.

I'm a huge fan of this build. Similar story here, except mine sat for ~8 years after a fuel pump died and didn't have any mice in the engine bay. Rock on! :thumbsup:

P.S. That truck looks fantastic with the dark silver and those wheels.

Thanks man! It's been a lot of work but the payoff will be worth it! I hope these rims are 8" so I can run my 33x12.5s when I lift it!

Its probably one of the best sounds is an engine that needs work firing up after hard work done to it.

Thought it was funny with the guy on stand by with the fire extinguisher. Better safe than sorry!

Truck looks amazing, have fun enjoying it!

This is true, it's totally rewarding! After all the wiring and fuel work I didn't want to NOT have an extinguisher around in case something went wrong. lol

Mine was somewhat a similar story. When I had bought it , the PO pulled the head 5 years prior to me buying it. There was a head in the passenger seat wrapped in garbage bags and tape, the top of the motor was only protected by its hood, and a garbage bag full of little bags that were luckily labeled laid on the floorboard. After waiting for parts, I had it running within 2 weeks.been driving it since.

That's awesome! I really wish I could have had mine going sooner, but there was not a lot I could have done differently without a garage.

Replaced the o-ring on the fuel pressure regulator and it took care of my fuel leak. After that I started it up and let it get to operating temperature for the first time in over a decade! I also used that as the chance to burp the cooling system. Soooo cloooose!

Awesome man! I too was laughing at the guy holding the fire extinguisher lol. Funny because I have done it myself in the past with old rigs that have sat forever. Seeing that harness makes me grateful that mine is intact. Props on getting her going!

RockMJ

Bled the brakes somewhat. All of them bled well but the drivers rear. I could NOT get it to bleed properly. The pedal is still a little soft but it's a hell of a lot better than before. Got it rolling on a stock set of 97-01 XJ steelies for now until I get my other A/Ts mounted on the original wheels. I put about 20 city miles on it around the house (in my free tow zone :P) and went and washed it up a bit and used the pressure washer to get some more of the decals off.

Thanks man! I really hate the look of these wheels but they are temporary. lol

Rebled the brakes some more. Still not 100% right. I've got an ok pedal to drive on if I'm just cautious, but I'd like to get it 100%. Put about 10 more miles on her and put some fuel treatment in the tank. Here is a quick little pano I did of my interior after cleaning/vacuuming it out.

1956704_10201803280180060_1486520386_o.j

Thanks man!

I am seriously frustrated with this thing right now. After all of the work and fighting I've been through I cannot get the brakes to bleed properly. Now I am getting NO fluid from either rear drum. -sigh- It's really annoying when one of the most simple things is my biggest issue right now.

Thanks man!

I am seriously frustrated with this thing right now. After all of the work and fighting I've been through I cannot get the brakes to bleed properly. Now I am getting NO fluid from either rear drum. -sigh- It's really annoying when one of the most simple things is my biggest issue right now.

I think I read somewhere that the rear has a special bleeding procedure because of the load sensing valve. Not sure though.

I discovered how bad traction can be in the rear with no weight back there this week...twice. lolol Nothing too bad, but I got stuck in my marshland of a backyard even using 4L Wednesday, and today I couldn't get up a fairly steep dirt hill before spinning half way up it. My old XJ made it up just fine though. lol

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the boards lately. To be honest I forum searched about it and followed the method on here (didn't seem to make a lot of sense) and it got worse. So I undid my hardlines at the MC (nasty at the connection) and bleeders at the rear and started cleaning really well and after I hooked everything up they bled out fine like normal. Right now I have a GREAT pedal and just followed a normal bleeding procedure.

• 4 weeks later...

She broke 95k!

I got my local front plate mounted. These have been around since I was a kid.

The other day on the way to work my clutch line blew, I was luckily able to get one ordered in time to swap it on my lunch break. Otherwise not much else is going on with it.

• 1 month later...