Rev's '88 Sportruck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I have everything I need for a spring over axle long arm lift either at the house or in the mail. I'm going to use a set of  borrowed TJ Wrangler coils for the time being to just lift the front to get my measurements of where the rear sits so I can order coils for my height. Ideally it will be around 5'' of lift total. My long arms are Rock Krawler and good god are they beefy! These things are completely solid and weigh about 26lbs a piece!

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, but I'll keep updating on this forum for anyone who might have any questions-

Got the rear 8.8/spring over axle conversion knocked out tonight. The front long arm setup still needs to be done, but that'll get knocked out in the coming weeks. Talk about a gangsta lean!

Look at that cute little Dana 35!

don't worry about people replying or not, just because we don't say anything doesnt mean we didnt take notice. FYI, I am broke 98% of the time so i am hardly ever able to make any meaningful progress on my project, so seeing other peoples updates brings me great pleasure knowing that someone, somewhere out there is.  :thumbsup:

It's not that I care for attention or anything, it just gets tiring keeping up with threads on all the forums I'm on. lol I meant to take a lot more photos of the install but I just kept my nose to the grindstone most of the night. The worst issues were a rounded off hardlline fitting at the rear brakes and the spring plate centering pin holes not being large enough, couldn't ask for an easier install as far as an axle conversion goes!

So I'm planning on measuring for the front coils to see what size I need to order. Opinions needed- Should I jack the front end up somewhat level on jackstands and measure my rear height then? I feel the rake could be pulling down on the suspension with the way it is sitting and I want to get the measurement right the first time I ordering coils. Currently the most I am seeing lift wise accounting for .5'' of sag is around 3.8'' of lift.

If your rear leafs are really worn out then the 5.5 coils from RE will probably get you where you want to go and if not adding a small spacer should be all the more lift you would need. To be honest i would definitely start a thread in the tech section so that more people can weigh in, as i have never actually had the opportunity to lift an MJ. . . . . .  yet.

Well I figured with only 95k miles on the truck they shouldn't be sagging TOO bad. I have a winch and bumper I am waiting to install so I ideally want to have a slight rake (maybe a little less than factory) and account for the weight of the bumper and winch. I was thinking I may need a 6'' coil in the beginning. I think I will just post a tech thread seeing what the general consensus is.

Its good that you took those before pictures because at some point you'll look back at them and say to yourself, "Why did I spend all this money upgrading it?  It looked great before!"  Haha, I've done that.

• 5 weeks later...

They're spacers I had from before, yea they fit great. Just removed the tinnerman clips on the wheel studs and made sure to use a torque wrench on there lug studs so I didn't strip them in the spacer. No complaints so far, but I had them on all four corners of my old XJ with a lot more miles and no issues either for what it's worth.

I got the final piece to this particular puzzle today...

I decided to go with the Rubicon Express 5.5'' coils. I thought of finding a 6'' to compensate for the bumper and winch after it's lifted but I decided to give these a shot because I've heard nothing but good things.

Today we made some headway with the front lift. We got the long arm brackets mounted and welded in, and we modified the crossmember to work with my Peugeot transmission. Out of the 3 holes on each side for the crossmember to mount to the Peugeot uses the front two whereas the most common AW4 and AX15 use the rear two. So we basically did some trimming and added a plate to 'space' the crossmember back to the two holes I'll use when I install my AX15. Sunday we plan on doing all of the bolt in installation since we ran out of day light today.

[img[/img]

Thanks man. It's the Rugged Ridge setup, their old style has been on my old XJ for about 2 years with no problems so I got the redesigned style for this.

Got the 33x12.50s on, I'm going to need a different set of rims. The backspacing isn't right for the 1 ton steering so I have like 2 inches before it contacts the tie rod end.... :( The cab is right at 6' tall.

10534768_10202807137275860_3810248126953

Beauty and the beast....the beast almost eats the beauty! haha