Comanche Of The Month - May 2013

This month we highlight a member making some big strides in freshening up an old truck. Enjoy. :cheers:

BIOTEX's 1990 JEEP COMANCHE SPORTRUCK

MODEL AND YEAR:
1990 Comanche

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:
4.0L

DRIVETRAIN:
NP231 AX-15 D35 w/3.08

COOLING:
Converted to an open system

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:
Stock

STEERING:
Stock

SUSPENSION:
Rubicon Express 4.5" coils with General Spring Military wrapped 3/2 rears

INTERIOR:
Buckets from 2002 Grand AM GT

BRAKES:
Stock

LIGHTING:
Stock

WHEELS/TIRES:
Stock, but saving up for 31's

MISCELLANEOUS:
New Urethane Paint, JCR front & rear bumpers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing work. Your thread is one of the ones I have been following, and I know I'm not the only one by the comments and questions you get on it. You started with a decent truck ushered in with good story of how you picked it up. Driving a 20 something year old truck 1500 miles by yourself was a gamble, but it sounds like it worked out great. The paint and body work came out great, straight, and clean. I'm sure you will keep all of us posted on it's continuing evolution. I know I am staying tuned, keep up the good work.

Congrats on your MJOTM! Enjoy the spotlight!

Rob :cheers:

Click here to view the article

Holy crap! Thank you all so much. I had no idea Maura made COTM. I got a pm asking to fill in some info on my truck, and just figured it was for a database or something. so I put it on the back shelf. Almost forgot to fill it out for about 3 or 4 days.

Then i'm bored at work, and ran out of threads to peruse, so I came in here and Walah! What an honor.

I have a set of 31's picked out and plan on using the turbine wheels all polished up with black highlights.

The fender flares are in the works also. Going with the Napier V2's. I'm holding off on installing the front bumper untill the flares come in.

Thanks again guys...

Oh yeah, one more thing... rocker guards. I'd love to install a set, so i'm looking around for something that compliments, but not overkill.

• 8 months later...