Comanche Of The Month - November 2012

Sorry for the delay here guys. I know how you get twitchy when you don't get your MJOTM on time... Turns out this one was running on a rain delay on account of Sandy. This month's honoree filled in the blanks via cell phone, proving you can't keep a good member off the site. Enjoy. :cheers:

DIRTEATR717's 1989 Comanche Pioneer

MODEL AND YEAR: 89 Pioneer

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE: 4.0 all stock, K&N air filter

DRIVETRAIN: Ax-15, 231, stock Dana 30 Factory Dana 44 with larger tow package brakes and LSD

COOLING: Original closed setup, new 3 core radiator

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION: Just have a 10 blade electrical fan and lots of old wires that go no where!

STEERING: stock and original except tie rod ends!

SUSPENSION: lifted 6.5 but probably sagged to 5.5ish has what I think are rustys 4.5" lift coils then added a 2" puck and did a SOA in the rear, rustys HD trakbar and bracket, Clayton longarms, 12" travel whitebody no name shocks.

INTERIOR: Mostly original darker blue, cutout bench seat, hockeystick arm rests! Idiot light gauge cluster. Added a Uniden 520 xl CB radio and a Sony xplod deck. Also made the same cupholder as the one in the DIY section, It's VERY useful!

BRAKES: All stock and works okay, I'm using YJ brakelines up front and Dakota rear

LIGHTING: Autopal headlight housings and the DDM 5K raptor HID kit, LOVE IT. Also have two 6" round KCs up front with plastic amber covers which are also awesome!

WHEELS/TIRES: 33" Good year MT/Rs with Kevlar on soft 8s

MISCELLANEOUS: XJ soundbar behind the benchseat, Euramatec B pillar lights with Blue LEDs. 97+ XJ mirrors, removable doors and made a set of YJ soft half doors fit. Custom front stubby bumper with stinger, OR-Fab XJ tube bumper in the rear. New floor pans!

Best MJ story I drive it everyday and have wayyy too many stories to tell, I have some of the same stories as some of the guys on here like how many people stop us to say they love our trucks and that they should've never stopped making them, the looks on people's faces when you tell them you drive a Jeep pickup and the classic "nice Cherokee dude, how did you make the bed part? " My Dad bought my truck in September of 90' and I was brought home from the hospital in it as an infant in 92'. I have the original window sticker and all the paperwork too ;) Not many people can say they grew up their entire life riding in their current vehicle. I would never sell it for any amount of money.

What owner loves best about CC I love everything about CC , the ability to share your obsession and one of a kind bond with a rare truck with plenty of like minded gentleman who are willing to lend a hand/advice whenever you may need. Also being able to see all the ideas/modifications people share for our little niche is just incredible. One day I hope to meet a few of you guys! Just wanted to say I'm honored to be picked for Manche of the month!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo sir. Bravo. Not many can say that they were taken home from the hospital in their MJ, and still have it. Keeping it in the family for sure. Your 14 page build thread started from the ground up. It was almost like watching you and the MJ grow. First you started small with just the BB, adding upgrades and tweaks throughout, finally bringing us to the current day. You post very detailed information, complete with pics, explanations, and insight. Because of this, you are one of the members worthy of the spotlight. You are a great example of what can be done on a basic budget, an inspiration to current and new members.

Enjoy the spotlight. :cheers:

Rob

Click here to view the article

Way to go Nick! Your truck has always been easily one of my favorites. Well deserved for a great member and a truck that refuses to go down without a fight. Enjoy it. Also looking foward to the possibility of wheeling Moab next year.

• kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic