Project 4Banger

• 4 weeks later...

They are a lot better than the poly mounts that I've had, the vibrations have calmed down since driving it over 1k miles

But still very vibey, at start up they'll be very strong, then calm down a bit, and depending where your idle is, it'll vibrate hard again...

It's something to get used to, when in motion barely any vibes, mainly at idle....

• 2 weeks later...

Would love some.more details on those sliders...

Nates4x4 short bed sliders,

got them for $295 shipped...used SUMMERSAVINGS as the coupon code

I did have to wait a while though close to 2 months but they are getting better with shipping times...

Dang... So you have them mounted yet? I wasent keen on the nates do to them poking out from under the rocker about an inch further on one end than the other

I did have to wait a while though close to 2 months but they are getting better with shipping times...

Dang... So you have them mounted yet? I wasent keen on the nates do to them poking out from under the rocker about an inch further on one end than the other
Not yet, I should have them on by the end of the week,

I was anal about that at first but I'd have to build my own and I don't have the welding skills to do so. I seen them on outlaws (member here) rig and I fell in love, I've never seen a set of sliders in real life until his and I wanted them so bad!

I know I'm not going to worry about the sticking out part, id actually prefer it now since I daily drive my truck and just the other day someone slammed their door into my truck at the mall and chipped a bit of paint, so I know those sliders will come in handy to put a dent/damage the next persons car if they do that again...

Not yet, I should have them on by the end of the week,

I was anal about that at first but I'd have to build my own and I don't have the welding skills to do so. I seen them on outlaws (member here) rig and I fell in love, I've never seen a set of sliders in real life until his and I wanted them so bad!

I know I'm not going to worry about the sticking out part, id actually prefer it now since I daily drive my truck and just the other day someone slammed their door into my truck at the mall and chipped a bit of paint, so I know those sliders will come in handy to put a dent/damage the next persons car if they do that again...

Fair enough, maybe I am just being to anal... Well I would love to see some install pics when your done! It's between these and scarab for me

do they bolt on securely?...are the strong enough for you to stand on?

Yes, each slider is being held by 12 self tapping bolts and 3 clamp style pressing on the pinch seam,

I can stand on them, I'm 240 pounds and no problems

I can bounce/jump on them and the whole truck moves with every jump...

do they bolt on securely?...are the strong enough for you to stand on?

Yes, each slider is being held by 12 self tapping bolts and 3 clamp style pressing on the pinch seam,

I can stand on them, I'm 240 pounds and no problems

I can bounce/jump on them and the whole truck moves with every jump...

nice

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This weekend was a productive weekend

I finally got the metric ton military wrapped spring installed and the rear is slightly taller than the front, might have to throw in my 4.5" coils in to see it evens out with the rear...

Also installed my speedometer cable crown part # 53005084 which is 94" long, feels great to know how fast am I going again and finally keep track of my gas mileage...

Ah I almost forgot I had to replace the power steering pressure line and I had to order through rockauto.com because no one local sells them or even had in stock to order, I may pick up another one just to have as a spare...

Hopefully during the week I'll be able to install The boostwerks transfer case linkage and the front driveshaft

Going to make an appt to drop it off to finally get regeared

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the truck from the gear shop, what a difference!

Going through the gears almost simultaneously and doesn't feel like a slug,

shop was successful in installing the Volvo locker just gotta get my boostwerks linkage installed with my driveshaft and do the break-in miles

Also have to get used to the auto locker, I didnt realize how many "tight" turns I made throughout my daily driving that my tires chirp

• 2 months later...

Picked up the truck from the gear shop, what a difference!

Going through the gears almost simultaneously and doesn't feel like a slug,

shop was successful in installing the Volvo locker just gotta get my boostwerks linkage installed with my driveshaft and do the break-in miles

Also have to get used to the auto locker, I didnt realize how many "tight" turns I made throughout my daily driving that my tires chirp

Going back to the chirping of the tires, when I finally got around to changing the oil after the break in period come to find out the shop didn't install the springs in the locker correctly. Luckily I did the auto locker test...literally had to reinstall them myself

Pics

Incorrect placement of springs

K28jvqi.jpg

Correct way

BJEdMAo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been a busy couple weeks,

Installed bilsteins all around

Installed the re2705 shackles to lift the back an inch

Installed 5.5" re coils

Installed the cavfab 3-link

Still have to cut out the lower control arm mounts

But I love the stance, it does squat in the rear compared to the front need to put back the winch bumper but I've already loaded it with 500 pounds of furniture and the general springs metric ton springs do their job of not squatting too much...

qonpFTx.jpg

xdwpTat.jpg

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic