Project 4Banger

• 2 months later...

Thanks fellas

I craigslist shop ALOT and I come across a lot of stuff that I could have or shouldn't buy but I pick them up for dirt cheap to make it worth while for me....

This was something I really needed for my swap so I'm glad I got it for a deal....

They're collecting dust....lol

I still have a lot of work to do...

Front axle seals, rear axle swap, gears and lockers, ax15 swap....truly overwhelmed but I'll get it going eventually...I want to get back driving it again....but time and funds kill me everytime...

• 2 weeks later...

Well hopefully I'll be able to do the front axle seals this weekend changing over to the 1-pce shaft...

It'll be fun....

Meanwhile I've only driven the truck every other weekend beause of the leaky seals..

I want to get back driving it again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas....

While I've been trying to figure out a shutting off issue...I finally painted the ax15....orange? Yeah....f-it....at least I can determine leaks faster....

I'm having a shut off also, what's yours doin? Mine just shut down while driving. Cranked but no start. Wiggled and jiggled fuse panel then it started.

Up until a few weekends ago I would be driving at 70mph and it would cut off instantly...no signs of warning or anything...and the few seconds while trying to get off the hwy it will cut back on by itself...no real time to diagnose it...,

The few weekends ago I was driving through local traffic doing 15-20 mph it shut off on me and struggled to restart (without me popping the clutch or diagnosing it) same as above on the hwy....

I was taking my pops to the grocery store and it cut off completely and it didn't cut on by itself so I got a chance of finally work on it....but in the middle of the street....kept trying to crank and crank and I pulled out my multimeter and checked the cps and it was at 0 ohms....

So I let it cool off for about 15-20mins and it started right up and ran flawless on the way back home....

The pattern that I've been noticing is that after its running after 45mins something heats up and dies out and cools just enough to function for another 45mins or so....

This weekend I changed out the cps and man it runs awesome and the idle is where it should be....

But like I said it has to be running past 45mins to really diagnose it...so I let it run and run at idle for an hour till I shut it off because nothing happened until I went to put it back in the on position. I didn't hear the pump prime when it's going to crank so I turn off and left it in the on position and the pump primed. So I started it and it started like it should.

So I tried again, I put in the on position and the pump didn't prime again so I attempted to start it and it struggled to stay on until it(the truck itself) gave some power to it......

The next day I pulled the pump to check the electrical connections and everything was nice and tight....so I think the pump could be on its way out....so I ordered a Bosch pump and I'll install that and see what happens....

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic