Project 4Banger

so i was looking into some bfgs all terrains on craigslist and end up picking up some 32x11.5x15 with about 95% threading for 400 smackaroos

this is the truck without a lift.....and not with the truck engine not running yet...i gota replace the fuel tank and fuel sending unit to get things going

so i finally got the engine going but video is not working...also did some interior work and fix the cad thanks pete

here are a few photos

was also working the lift this weekend and had a fail attempt the pic below shows a lil part in to the bushes and the best part of the day is when my nephew grabbed his little toy bucket and put a bucket under it like how i had the jeep on jackstands....words can't describe but the pics says it all

well ended up getting the lift done finally and pics don't do it justice

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've also been on the look out for other Comanches weird how I only find them only in my grandmothers neighborhood and never notices them until I got mine hmmmm

This one is at an mechanic shop two blocks down

This one I caught at the mini mall the guy was running late somewhere so took a quick pic

This one an old lady hauling tail down the street I wasn't driving the comanche at the time pretty much blew me out the water

This one my dad saw at a bike shop

My friends comanche he sold to a guy who shipped it to Paraguay

And the fruit truck lol yeah a fruit truck where they sell fruits and vegetables to old people who can't make it to the store

As of most of you have seen on two guys garage

Comanche fever guys lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update I had ordered a set of quick disconnects from rough country I finally got to really install them

Also went to the junkyard today and saw this beauty first one in the junkyard since I've gotten mine and man are they hard to come by it's a 89 4cyl 2wd long bed

Also ended up getting some goodies like the tailgate and side vent panels couldn't get the taillights though each screw I tried pulling off kept breaking the actual lamp like if it was glued on there

Just an update. my buddy who inspired me to get a comanche used to have a mj specific Visor on his until he took it off.... I found out he still had it and he gave it to me for Free!!! But I'm still comptiplating on either selling it or use it until I get a paint job

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update guys weather has been crazy down here in miami! One day your enjoying 80 degree weather with great breeze till the next day drops to 50 with rain!!!! It might not be much to you guys up north but I'm freezing!

Anyways I got my clutch into the jeep and getting my ball joints and unit bearings and ujoints on the axle shafts done.....whoo what a weekend ima just take a break....anyways also got some interior parts

Also waiting on Steve on the headliner and also ordered my heavy duty headlight wiring harness from eautoworks.com

From cruisers thread on cherokee forum

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic