Project 4Banger

Man I wish I had speakers. I will have to move the speaker bar or figure out a way to have it up there with out it hitting my head. I was thinking making a quick template with the speaker bar and the headliner. Similar to what the newer Cherokees have them set up. Under the headliner and cut out the holes for the speakers to fit in the bar itself. Hmmmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's up guys

Got an update...decided to do a run at the lkq here in miami and struck comanche gold!!!!

The first question you ask yourself when you see a comanche in the junkyard is what?

Tailgate? Tail lights? Fuel sending unit?

Saw this bad boy at the junk yard 1988 pioneer 4.0 2wd automatic

It had bad rust damage on the roof of the truck

And scored a tail gate, tail lights, fuel sending unit, behind the seat backing board, and a cargo light

Yeah I was just thinking about that now...I'm here at my grandmas painting some interior pcs. got future plans for that. then I realized I forgot the switch and bezel. I was wondering how was I going to hook it up then I read your message and I'm definitely going back tomorrow to grab the switch and bezel

• 3 weeks later...

What's up guys

Update time....over the course of the past few weeks having weekend vacations and working on the interior mostly converting it from medium grey to black haven't gotten it all done yet still have to do the door panels....here's some pics

The headliner from steve(a1500ram) awesome quality work and fits like a glove...did have some regarding the fact I didn't have the Velcro needed for the headliner. So I ended going to Home Depot and getting a set to let the headliner sit right up there. Since I have a rear sliding glass the wind doesn't push it down to collapse the headliner which is a plus....

That's my pops in the pic below

Also today I finally got to install my bucket seats that picked up on Craigslist for $40....and also my bucket seat brackets I bought from keyav8er

Not many pics of the seats but one will have more later.

While in the mix of the updates me and a buddy of mine. Have been on the look out for his first jeep! Been massaging the jeep name into his soul and finally got him to bite....we drive from miami to Tampa took about 5 1/2 hours because of being pulled over for dark tints and massive thunder storms....funny thing is on the way back with a tag last registered in 2009 on the cherokee the ride down went smooth but horrible! Imagine we went to work at 630 am got out of work at 3. Headed to Tampa at 4pm we didn't get home till 520am the next day and went to work! Crazy? For a jeep? He'll yeah!!!! Plus he got a smoking deal....88 cherokee 4.0 4x4 and the pukegoat 5speed! Had a 6inch lift adjustable control arms, sway bar discos, one ton steering, sye, custom drive shafts, front winch bumper, rear tire carrier, roof rack, 5- 33in mickey Thompson all terrains and d-windows and bushwacker fender flares all for $1900 now that's a steal enjoy the update and mini story. Sorry for the grammar wasn't great in school.

What's up guys

So I finally gave in and installed my vinyl carpet....I decided my jeep is always going to leak in the interior so I just put it in and take it out to dry it even lift to dry....

Pics!!!!

Also this weekend I was driving around with a buddy of mine in his tj...god I love wranglers!!!! Got get one!!! So we came across some cool Toyota fj cruisers I know I know it's not a jeep! But it's the cool factor! The guy was selling them he said he brought them up from Costa Rica....enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

*update*

So last weekend I finally got the courage to replace my busted motor mounts with the poly brown dog motor mounts...they are built stout and throttle response is awesome! But there were way too much vibes in the cab. I literally caught headaches just doing a 20min commute to work it anywhere I drive To I would catch motion sickness....so I ended up going with the cheap 10$ motor mounts and wow what a huge difference!!! No more vibes

Few pics of the busted motor mounts and me being stuck at a Bon fire last night and love the truck being dirty....enjoy

Thanks zack

*update*

While watching my beloved Miami Dolphins beat the Cleveland browns. I was on Craigslist just browsing on the next buy for my jeep so I ran across a smittybilt xrc8 for $250....I ended up calling the guy up and went to see it. Just a few minutes talking about why he sold his wrangler and how astounded that he's never seen a jeep comanche!!! Lol....I talked him down to $140 cash and here I am with a winch....now I have it there for a future hidden winch bumper!!!!

Enjoy

Well a crazy update

Ever since Friday I went to the Bon fire and got stuck I didn't see any problems with my suspension except today on the way to work....was catching crazy death wobble....any little pothole I would hit bam instant death wobble. so on the way home, drove back home and got really bad death wobble to the point I couldn't go past 45mph....got home checked my suspension and bam! Noticed a bent tie rod end and tie rod....

I was planning to get the v8 zj tie rod in the future especially since I just did my complete steering....but now it's time to upgrade....

Lol nice it looks like you had too much at the bond fire.. haha

But I have a question for you. How did you hook up your 97+ lights to the 96- harness? I have  been having some issues with mine. Like first nothing worked and now Ive just got it down to just the pass. side turn signal not working when the headlights are on. And since it looks like you have H4's I'm assuming our set ups are the same

Well when I got my truck it already had the headlights housings not a sealed beam....so to adapt the 96- lights to the 97+....all I did was grab the ends at the junkyard from a 97+ to adapt to the older wires to fit in the slots of the newer lights...but the only problem I had was the front turn signals which has two slots for two which ours came with one....I sealed one hole with duct tape and added the socket to the remaining hole....if your confused let me know ill take pics and send them to you....

Well when I got my truck it already had the headlights housings not a sealed beam....so to adapt the 96- lights to the 97+....all I did was grab the ends at the junkyard from a 97+ to adapt to the older wires to fit in the slots of the newer lights...but the only problem I had was the front turn signals which has two slots for two which ours came with one....I sealed one hole with duct tape and added the socket to the remaining hole....if your confused let me know ill take pics and send them to you....

Yeah I would love some pictures of how they adapted the harness. Mine only came with the 97+ pig tails and Ive been trying to splice those in. But it sounds like you have the whole newer harness in. If you want you can post them in build thread (see link in my sig) or just pm me. Thanks man! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

*update*

I haven't been doing anything to the jeep lately just enjoying after upgrading my tie rod...but I have been seeing other rigs...just past weekend a buddy of mine bought a 1974 international scout 2...tho to visit him and trying to get his truck started. While doing that I was noticing that it was strange that this rig had an inline 6 carb motor....I thought scouts either came with a v8 or a 4 cylinder come to find out a previous owner had dropped in a 74 cj5 driveline in the truck....sweet! Pics to follow and also finally got to trade my 99 gmc Sonoma for a 98 cherokee 4.0 auto 4x4....

Enjoy the pics

As regarding the cherokee....what do you guys think I should look for? As far as problems or upgrades to the driveline?

• 3 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

What's up guys

So I was doing work for the cherokee and decided since I've been working on one jeep I might as well work on the comanche....

I had bought a speedo cable a while back and finally got to install it...it feels great knowing how fast I'm going up to 35mph. Why 35mph? Because I compared my gps to the speedo 10 mph difference after 35....

Also finally got brave enough to paint my door panels black to kind of finish off my interior change.... Pics!!!!!

I honestly think it looks real good!!!! Finally!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

Is anyone following?....

I'm following man, looks good. Ive been debating doing my dash and door panels like that.

FYI hammered black works great for the dash bezel, works great with the texture the plastic has. See like page 3 on my build thread (link below)

• 4 weeks later...

What's up guys

Haven't done much to the jeep. Just enjoying it well up until my 4wd didn't want to work...will diagnose it tomorrow here's some pics of mudding we did this past weekend with some guys from another forum....

Getting pulled out because 4wd didn't work

My pops looking cool lol...feel sorry for him he really got dirty lol

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic