Project 4Banger

would the washers also provide the wide stance, or just help with the full turn?

No, they won't add stance, they just stop move steering stops in a little. Which will stop all rubbing. Granted, you will "loose" a little turning radius. But you already lost it anyways when your tires hit the the LCAs. And plus you won't be able to notice the loss anyways.

Help with the full turn...wide stance would be the wheel spacers

Correct, and you run spacers you open up a whole 'nother can of worms.

what you mean about the spacers zacK?

Well some times (just like blocks) the spacers themselves break, sometimes the lugs break off, ball joins tend to go out a lot faster, but for every person with an issue theres someone who ran them fine without any issues.

Problem is cheap spacers, most of the guys with issues are running cheap non hub centric wheel spacers.

If you want to run a wheel spacer go with something like the spidertrax spacers which are anodized to resist rotting like the cheap ones do and they are hub centric.

If you don't know what hub centric is read this.

http://tires.about.com/od/understanding_wheels/a/hub-centric-vs-lug-centric-wheels.htm

Well guys I did the steering stop washer adder and it worked out peirfect! two washers on both sides and bam!!! No more rubbing. it did limit turning radius but it eats the hell out of messing up my tires and suspension

Nice man! Did you have rubbing on both sides? Or did you stop both sides just because? I only  have one side that rubs on my XJ and I was only planning on stopping that one side

Yeah it was on the right side at first but never tried the left till I decided to do the steering stop. I turned the wheel to check the left side both sides rubbed a lot....so I added two washers just to be safe and so far no problems with rubbing

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I saw the link on my post in the my wanted post....but called a shop in miami and they had the rear sliding window in stock! 200$ with install wish I could've gotten the three peice but the four would do. So now fresh air from the rear and its been getting super hot and humid in miami.

Before

After

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying, but I'm talking to a guy now about his cherokee with a 6inch lift. trying to talk to him about trading for my thunderbird. if he says yes then ill rip the lift and all the parts i need out and exchange them with the parts on my MJ and sell the cherokee haha

I'm sorry to hear that bud. You'll get another deal to come through

*update*

Ended up picking up a new steering wheel, a cherokee sound bar, and a cherokee visor. Was always wondering what was the issue with fitment with the Comanches and Cherokees and there's a huge difference in fitment...ill either try to sell it or keep it for a future cherokee project.

Steering wheel

Before

After

And test fitment on the cherokee sound bar

Enjoy

Lol yeah it's pretty close plus I gota see how ima mount them with out killing my ears...plus I don't really have my music loud unless there's a song id love to hear... I've been riding so Long with out music for a few months that I've gotten used to the humble silence of cruising down the road with just me and my jeep.

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic