Project 4Banger

On 33's, or 35's?

33s....

I don't want to go to high in tire size because I daily drive this truck a lot...

But I do want to knock some power/torque back into it...

I have an 87 2.5 and I plan on re-gearing soon, too. I run 31's. Do you think I should go 4.56's? I was actually thinking of running a doubler for more grunt off road and leaving the axle geara relatively mild for the occasional highway trip.

On 33's, or 35's?

33s....

I don't want to go to high in tire size because I daily drive this truck a lot...

But I do want to knock some power/torque back into it...

I have an 87 2.5 and I plan on re-gearing soon, too. I run 31's. Do you think I should go 4.56's? I was actually thinking of running a doubler for more grunt off road and leaving the axle geara relatively mild for the occasional highway trip.
That should help with a bit more power...

Problem with mine is that I also have extra weight on the truck...

I got the front winch bumper with the winch, my toolbox with tools, liquids, extra parts....at times I wish I had a little bit more power for wheel speed but a lot of miami is mainly mud...so flow and wheel speed is all I need....there's no rocks to climb unless your doing a poser pic but that's it....

Your set up sounds very similar to mine, but instead of mud we have sand. I stripped the interior and went with aluminum wheel, hoping to save some weight there, but I'll soon have a winch and bumpers attached. If I get it too heavy, I've been thinking of getting a stroker kit thrown into the 2.5 just for fun, then maybe a MPFI conversion in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 4.0 comanche and run 35 pit bull rockers with 488 Yukon gears and I drive mine 4 days a week but I don't drive the bypass everyday and I can do 65 tops. I have the ax15 also.. I am geared perfectly I feel and don't have to down shift much but if I was driving the bypass alot I would go with 456. But I'm good! By the way I like your truck and it took me awhile to load picts lol myself!!!

So fellas...I went with with a buddy to look at a 88 pioneer 4.0 aw4 4x4 long bed......

We went to go see it and got it for a decent price and come to find out...it has everything anyone could possible want with a comanche!!!!

Big ton package, skid plate package, bucket seats, a/c , bucket seats, sliding window, cargo light, manual windows, vent windows,it even has the dash pad, and a DANA 44!!!!

Everything I ever wanted he got in one truck!

Sheesh some people do get lucky...unfortunately it has a slipping trans but will pick one up from outlaw this weekend to replace the one in there now.....enough talk...pics!!!!

Big ton!!!!!

So I've been helping my boy do his lift on his comanche...I must say it's looking real good...and also saw a comanche creeping in the bushes...

Well the pic doesn't show in the bushes but from the main road I happen to look over and saw red lettering jeep and had to turn around to take a pic..

Nice!

I would've never thought about a cooler but that can be established behind the ammo box when I go on long distance trips and off-roading...I will add some cup holders to the front of it but now I'm on a mission to find some military stickers to add on to it...a while ago me and my boys made some jackets and attached some cool military patches that I'm going to find as stickers...I'll post pics of them later on today

ive got an Arctic Dustoff Sticker if you want it.

Well I've been hounding down ocs for my two door...I happen to find a cherokee with an ax15...

But I caught it late and I drove 2 hours up to look for pcs and only found it with only 30mins left before the yard closes...but I did get some stuff for the cherokee and an ax15 crossmember for my swap...

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic