Project 4Banger

Well Dana 30 rebuild is almost done...

Ball joints-pain in the *****!!!!!

1pce axle shaft seal was a breeze!

Upper control arm bushings were pretty easy...

It's crazy with just the right tool for the job will make a job easy...

Lokka locker install was pretty good...just make sure you have a good amount of grease holding the pcs in place....

Lokka locker!!!

Solid diff cover

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Comanche has been sitting on jack stands...

Came into a dilemma with the rusty's adjustable control arms...

1st off I bought these rusty's control arms through a friend used...and when I installed them just to move the joints took a 7k pound f250, his 6" front pipe bumper, 2-18" pipe wrenches and a 6' foot pipe to move it 1/8" a turn....

So I took them to a machine shop to remove them since they were pretty stuck in place....

So I went to put in the new joints. They weren't going all the way down on one of the control arms and tried figure out why till I looked down the hole....

Good one...

Bad one....

So I've been to 5 machine shops and none of them "tap" anything that big of hole...

I had to order a 1.25" x12 tap

So I'm waiting on that to rethreads the arms

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately no....

But I want a 4.0...the time/money/space for a swap is just not worth it....

Might as well sell this one and look for the one I want...

I've Learned a lot with this truck considering its my first jeep and got me into the craze...

I am pulling the front and rear bumpers and the amc 20...

I'm leaving in the ax15 because I don't want to drop the money again to get a new driveshaft...

(Sigh)

I'm already getting that gut feeling that some guys get when they sell their jeeps "I shouldnt have sold that jeep"

• 2 months later...

Might as well update....

So I go tot start up the truck one day to do some errands and all I hear like water dripping down to the floor...I walk up to the front of the truck and notice a big antifreeze and shut off the truck and went to diagnosing....

Took pics and seemed to be leaking from the head...I thought it was a head gasket but it didn't over heat...

Also noticed I was missing the back exhaust manifold bolt and the one next to it was loose....

Missing rear exhaust manifold bolt

So I pulled the exhaust and intake manifold and found out one of the freeze plugs on the head had rusted through.

So I replaced them with dorman 565-014 which are the brass ones for the later model 2.5s....but they fit like a charm...

• 1 month later...

So I've decided to keep this truck...

I've been picking up parts here and there for it...

Got a wj booster and master cylinder...

Bought an 20" light bar and a 50" curved one to put up top...

Haven't done the brakes yet and installed the 20" light bar...

Wj booster and master cylinder and disc brake parts for my 8.25 swap...

Spring/shock perches cut off the 8.25...

maybe he's like me and has two dana 30 fronts, a chrysler 9.25 rear end, a tool box and a corolla front subframe in the box :P

I think he uses it as a work truck...coming back home that day I rolled through a neighborhood to beat traffic and it was parked in a yard with a red Corolla on the side...lol

Parts hauler!

maybe he's like me and has two dana 30 fronts, a chrysler 9.25 rear end, a tool box and a corolla front subframe in the box :P

I think he uses it as a work truck...coming back home that day I rolled through a neighborhood to beat traffic and it was parked in a yard with a red Corolla on the side...lol

Parts hauler!

a red corolla you say?

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic