Project 4Banger

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic

What's up everyone

so I've always had a leaky oil filler cap and never found a solution, always heard about using an bicycle tube and cut to size and put it under the cap...then I came across a YouTube video to something similar to the same problem I had...

ended using a spectre part # 4310

its in the accessories aisle in auto zone

UVOJ8Jd.jpg

Q1MisbY.jpg

Worked like a charm, hasn't leaked yet...

On 9/4/2017 at 7:09 PM, 88whitemanche said:

What's up everyone

so I've always had a leaky oil filler cap and never found a solution, always heard about using an bicycle tube and cut to size and put it under the cap...then I came across a YouTube video to something similar to the same problem I had...

ended using a spectre part # 4310

its in the accessories aisle in auto zone

UVOJ8Jd.jpg

Q1MisbY.jpg

Worked like a charm, hasn't leaked yet...

Same issue here.  Tried prying up on my old cap's seal and it  snapped.  Swinging by Autozone to try the 4310 cap.  Thank you, Sir.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:27 PM, coolwind57 said:

Same issue here.  Tried prying up on my old cap's seal and it  snapped.  Swinging by Autozone to try the 4310 cap.  Thank you, Sir.

Nope.  Found out this doesn't work on my 1989 MJ.  Instead, on these old-style caps one should consider just running to Napa for the $3.29 replacement = BK 7031366.  

3 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

Nope.  Found out this doesn't work on my 1989 MJ.  Instead, on these old-style caps one should consider just running to Napa for the $3.29 replacement = BK 7031366.  

Good find, 

i totally forgot that my valve cover is the aluminum cover from a 93 4cyl Cherokee 

not the older Plastic cover it used to have 

Welp, the Ax15 is starting to show its age...

well I already knew it had a bad 2nd gear synchro and I figured I could nuture it along (since I got the trans for $150) until it finally gives out but 3rd gear synchro is starting to show it's face and the used throwout bearing I threw in is starting to squeal, 

so I'll keep driving it until it finally goes then I'll drop the trans to get rebuilt and get new clutch parts to put in...

does anyone know the part # to the all metal throwout bearing for the external slave ? 

On 9/22/2017 at 1:36 PM, Swampy said:

I was going to do the same thing when my transmission went out, get a nv3550. Where did you find the bell hosuing for it? I was trying to look for the 4banger one but no luck

Found mine off of a 96 dodge Dakota with the 2.5 engine....Dodge Dakotas from 96-98 models with the 2.5 had the ax15 backed behind it...

I actually have a spare I wouldn't mind letting go when your ready to make that swap 

15 hours ago, 88whitemanche said:

Found mine off of a 96 dodge Dakota with the 2.5 engine....Dodge Dakotas from 96-98 models with the 2.5 had the ax15 backed behind it...

I actually have a spare I wouldn't mind letting go when your ready to make that swap 

I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks bud

• 4 weeks later...

Well the nv3550 came in, I’ll get pics on that next time...started to remove the bolts that mate the trans to the engine I got everything off until I started getting to the driveshaft...

the very last bolt greeted me with this with out a force of a turn...

gZTykXA.jpg

now either I got to either drill it out and put the original bolts back in or plan for ujoints straps

• 5 months later...

Also, I have a couple upgrades that need to be done 

dirtbound Offroad battery tray

4.0 radiator/97+ 2.5 fan shroud swap 

4.0 power steering pump and reservoir swap

i bought later model 2.5 exhaust headers

thrush turbo muffler 

And a exhaust flex pipe 

And replace the freeze plugs off the engine block, might as well do them now that the exhaust manifold is coming off

i have the boostwerks hidden winch comp mount 

I really want to install it on This Jeep but need a full size plain bumper to install it with but I have a soft core hidden winch bumper ready to install until I’m ready to swap over to that comp mount 

Also to add

mean lemons battery cables and transmission mount

Also the 4-link to the cavfab longarm 

6 hours ago, Swampy said:

Dang I want a cam for my jeep lucky. But I have a full plaint front bumper if you want it. Seems we both have some list of things to cross off our list

I currently have one on my Comanche 

i was looking more into the logans4x4 bumper

this one 

http://www.logansmetal4x4.com/jechxjnonwib.html

or the old style jcr bumper which they have as a diy style but I’m a long ways before I can start messing with the welder I was given 

3 hours ago, 88whitemanche said:

I currently have one on my Comanche 

i was looking more into the logans4x4 bumper

this one 

http://www.logansmetal4x4.com/jechxjnonwib.html

or the old style jcr bumper which they have as a diy style but I’m a long ways before I can start messing with the welder I was given 

Oh okay. I thought you were looking for a plain stock bumper haha

11 hours ago, Swampy said:

Oh okay. I thought you were looking for a plain stock bumper haha

Ah no sweat...

did an upgrade that I’ve been putting off for a while 

my battery box had broken and had gotten 2 for my my and Xj 

pics (nothing special) 

IGENRBi.jpg

On 4/21/2018 at 8:21 PM, 88whitemanche said:

Whoa! Will probably add some side supports to have full protection 

This is why stubby's are useless on trail rig. never understood the craze. doesn't protect you from a tree, much less a deer!