Project 4Banger

Gm fellas....

This weekend was my birthday and got a few funds to order the centerforce clutch disc

part# 383825

And the advance adaptors pilot bushing

part# 716167....

When the parts get here...the ax15 swap commences! Whoo! I'm excited!

Gm fellas....

This weekend was my birthday and got a few funds to order the centerforce clutch disc

part# 383825

And the advance adaptors pilot bushing

part# 716167....

When the parts get here...the ax15 swap commences! Whoo! I'm excited!

Well Happy Birthday Walt! I got next weekend. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ax5 is out and was a pain trying to get the stock pilot bearing out...4 hours to say the least...until I gave up and borrowed an impact gun to get the fly wheel off...

Forgot to get a clutch alignment tool so gotta wait until the end of the week to get one...parts stores don't sell them separately

Well since doing the ax15 swap there's no complete kit for the 2.5....

So I had to peice it completely...

I originally bought a luk clutch kit for mine but for that year and it did come with one but it's not the correct one....

I ordered one from rock auto...should be here at the end of the week....

You wouldn't happen to have a transmission jack do you?

Floor jack and a block of wood just isn't cutting it....

• 4 weeks later...

^^^ people are looking for the chrome header panel trim .If you decide to grab them someone on here will buy them .

Yeah I wouldn't mind helping anyone out....pm me if you want me to pick it up....

My jeeps funds were gone when I picked up the tail gate, tail lights, sending unit, and leaf springs off this truck...

Might go back and grab the rear tail light harness and maybe pick up the rear bumper since it was in decent shape....

• 2 weeks later...

so i was looking into some bfgs all terrains on craigslist and end up picking up some 32x11.5x15 with about 95% threading for 400 smackaroos

this is the truck without a lift.....and not with the truck engine not running yet...i gota replace the fuel tank and fuel sending unit to get things going

I haven't read past this point but figured i'd mention this is very exciting! You found exactly what I'm planning on getting when I get my mj same wheels same tires for the fraction of the price i was planning on paying. nice going!

• 2 months later...

Thanks....hope you do score big on wheels and tires...

Well I've been driving the truck and the ax15 is flawless...

I'm loving it...it can handle a more than the ax5 with the high revolutions through local traffic...

I still have to rebuild the Dana 30...ball joints, 1 pce axle shaft upgrade, upper axle bushings....control arm bushings and replace the beat up Johnny joint on the lower control arms...

Hubs are timken brand replaced 2 years ago and still in good shape...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well finally took out the Dana 30 to rebuild and swap into the Cherokee to match gears and throw in the Cherokee's Dana 30 into the Comanche. Until I can regear to 4.88s...

Quick rant,.,,

My hood release cable broke a few weeks back and ordered a Dorman one..,

I finally got a chance to install it today and 1st attempt to release the hood...IT BROKE!!!!

So got to get a replacement one..,

Also I finally got a new emission control duct hose from gates part# 28095 and..,,it doesn't fit!!!! And it's soooo flimsy...the original one was worn but it'll work better than that one...

What a day!!!! But I'm hoping to swap axles by next weekend if the weather permits!!!

• neohic featured and unfeatured this topic