is my truck metric ton worthy?

My 91 has the factory "Big Ton" package, aka "Metric Ton". I have the original window sticker for the truck.

Mine has the original 5 leafs, plus 2 added overload leafs. (Previous owner hauled drywall).

The factory package required automatic transmission, heavy duty trans cooler, long bed only, p/s & p/b, Bigger tires also. May have a couple of other minor tweeks also.

If you have the above listed items, then I say Yes, you have the metric ton package. If it is a stick shift, it is not a stock metric ton package. If you have a short bed, it is not a stock package.

Yeah, well, I got cup holders too! :banana:

now that was just a nasty tease :waving:

Sorry, I had to one up Pete. LOL But FYI, if ya have a full console, Team Cherokee sells em for $9.95 http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cgi-bi ... r&catid=95

The last one down is the one I have.

That one SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't hold anything tight... and doesn't hold a large cup at all.

whats the verdict? :yes:

here's another shot

You didn't actually crawl under that thing on that stump/stand did ya????

That is an obituary looking for a place to start.

Be carful!!!

opsled

Sorry, I had to one up Pete. LOL But FYI, if ya have a full console, Team Cherokee sells em for $9.95 http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cgi-bi ... r&catid=95

That one SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't hold anything tight... and doesn't hold a large cup at all.

Works just fine for me. Maybe it's operator error.

Works just fine for me. Maybe it's operator error.

The bottom one was in the parts Cherokee. Was really in the way for the parking brake. Want to put it in the Purple People Eater (Wilbur has in-cab winch controls in the way), but can't remember where I put it.

Sparkles came with the second one down. Works really well when empty. Put a full cup or can of anything in it and it's only a matter of time before it pops loose and spills all over.

• 2 weeks later...

here's another shot

Be carful!!!

opsled

there were 6 jack stands supporting it as well :thumbsup:

not my first rodeo, ive had a foreign exchange student who was supposed to help my flush my p/s fluid,

i layed under the axle, he threw it in gear and started the truck up while on front jacks :thumbsup:

here's another shot

Be carful!!!

opsled

there were 6 jack stands supporting it as well :thumbsup:

not my first rodeo, ive had a foreign exchange student who was supposed to help my flush my p/s fluid,

i layed under the axle, he threw it in gear and started the truck up while on front jacks :thumbsup:

:no: ........... :rotfl2:

MT's were 5 leafs, so it was factory MT to start. You have an add-a-leaf in there. Starting from the overload spring and going up, the third spring is the AAL. You can tell because 1) the spring is square on the end vs. rounded off and is also the same thickness as the rest of the spring vs. tapered thin on the end like a factory spring; 2) there is no factory rub pad, which is the black "dot" you see on the end of the factory springs. Factory springs have a plastic piece between each spring on the end. :smart:

• 2 weeks later...