What's the most miles you got from a full tank?

woops.. I seem to have about 15 gallon tank? i can't remember what the sizes are but i know i put in 12 gal. to fill it up usually..

... i want a 23 gallon tank.. lol :yes:

not to be a smart a.. but 225 miles / 19.5 MPG = 11.5 Gallons .. which is usually about when i fill up because i am nearly at empty thus one tank

I get between 220-240 miles, but I have no idea what size my tank is. And my fuel gauge is off.

What are the standard (and optional) tank sizes on the shortbeds? Longbeds?

16 that I know of for Shortbeds (mine's that size, give or take) and the 19 /24 for Longbeds. Not sure I've ever seen the 18.5 (19) on a shortbed? :dunno:

325 on the odo, 357.5 actual.

Edit: That's just this tank. Last one got 371.5 actual.

Guess I should have mentioned! I have an 89L (23.5Gal) tank so if you're posting mileage please also say what size tank you have :thumbsup:

Tank size? :wrench:

I think we might have squeezed 140-150 miles out of our 15gal fuel cell so far. That is turning 40s with a 4.6L stroker, 5spd and np231 with 5.38s in the D44/D60. Get past that 150 miles mark and you better be wearing hiking boots. Oh, also, we weighed our beast. It came in at a shade over 5K. All that cage work and frame plating really added up.

From what I was able to find there may have been 3 size's

a) 15 gal/57 liters

B) 18 gal/68 liters

c) 23.5 gal/89 liters

i haven't check my owner’s manual the first one may have been the early models :dunno: i do believe the other two may have been the norm for short and long beds there are after markets tanks that list a 20 gal/76 liters, as for the diesels I could only speculate that there was no difference in them. The other consideration would be the type of fuel injectors one would have on these butes' either the stock 19 lbs or the ford 19 lbs since the spray pattern on the ford's injectors provide better atomization we could see a better increase in fuel economy. :rant:

I believe 3, the short bed only got an 18.5 while the long bed had a choice of 16 or 23.5, all in gallons

oh, and I've gotten 280 ish out of my short bed 4.0/BA-5, but I think I only put ~15 gallons in it then.

Time before last I put 18 gal in after 270 miles. That is 15 mpg Last time I got 14.5 mpg and 16.1 gal of gas for 233 miles

Have a 91 long bed with a 23.5 gal tank. Not my daily driver, just parked most of the time till I need a truck.

4.0 with Automatic and 2 wd, Big Ton package. 226xxx miles on it.

I normally get 19mpg +- around town and 20-21 on the hiway. I estimate that AC use drops mileage by 1/2 to 1 mpg. Best I've ever done is 22.6 driving slow in the Keys. Most always 300+ between fillups. 88 Pioneer 4wd, 4.0L, poojoe 5, 200k+, 18.5 gal tank, 235X15 tires.

I ♥ my truck.

450 miles on my 23.5 gallon tank (however that was when I first had my injectors cleaned/calibrated at cruzinperformance.com and with new NGKs plugs with the triple grounds) about 90K miles ago. Coming home from Denver driving across Neb at a pretty steady 65 mph.

I routinely do about 400 before I fill up, so that was a bit further than I wanted to go but I did have a 5 gallon can in the back with not much load on. I get about 21.2 mpg usually.

• 3 weeks later...