What's the most miles you got from a full tank?

I tend to get 240 on an 18 gallon tank. That's even when I had the stock size tires and only 10,000 miles on my h.o. It's also an ax-15. How do some of you get such good mileage?

Light foot, conservation of momentum and a four banger helps me.

I recommend keeping track of your mileage on something like Fuelly. I always take the very high mileage numbers with a grain of salt, that's why I like Fuelly.. keeps a log of actual mileage.

You're getting about what I get in my lifted TJ..

32904.png

As opposed to the MJ:

OMcOp.png

• 3 weeks later...

For the first time in the 5.5 years I have had my Comanche, I took it on a road trip from San Diego to San Louis Obispo to pick up a SnugTop shell.

On the way up I got 20.3 mpg with speeds from 70-80. On the way home I slowed down to 60 all the way; Got 23.3 mpg. Truck has 227K miles, 4.0, Automatic, 3.55, 235 x 15 tires. 23.5 gal tank. So at 23 mpg, I should have been good for over 530 miles on the tank. Way more than my bladder can go.

John Jackson 91 long bed, Big Ton, AW4 2wd, front and rear trailer hitches.

My 97+ MJ 4.0L with some mild upgrades and 4.5" lift, Too tall a gear set on 31's with the AW4 and I get about 400KM to a 15 galllon tank if I run it empty...

I have plans to get this up to 600KM with the little 15 Gallon tank...

I get a consistent 19-20mpg around the city (live 10 miles out so partially highway miles), freeway at 70 mph 23-25mpg. Have an 89 4 ltr with a 5 speed, clean injectors and Champion Double Platinum plugs. Short bed with almost 200,000 miles.

• 3 months later...
I recommend keeping track of your mileage on something like Fuelly. I always take the very high mileage numbers with a grain of salt, that's why I like Fuelly.. keeps a log of actual mileage.

You're getting about what I get in my lifted TJ..

32904.png

As opposed to the MJ:

OMcOp.png

Indeed. I have recently started using Fuelly and I like it as well.

Results so far:

102921.png

Its too bad there is no way to incorporate this into board signatures here...