Project "Eliminator"

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2018 at 7:46 PM, 89eliminator said:

Living so close to an off-road park has been awesome but it’s taking a toll on my Jeep. Took out the pass side glass on Sunday and put a good sized dent in the door. Also got to wheel with Austin and his freshly built MJ. Thing is crazy nice and will be inspiration for my redo.

441c4b681bd1e935828a14647a131bca.jpg

That is an awesome colour.....:L:    Red is awesome too, but that is the 1st green one I've seen 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter projects are starting. Started making my bed panels. Never really done stuff like this so this is my first attempt using a jig saw and fence.
a3400f9be80cc0ee919d618cfef56348.jpg

Got some new aluminum links in from Wide Open Design
ae4bb2fbf6b442b527d6fce1f37e89cb.jpg

And toying around the idea of mounting my spare similar to how I had one years ago. Not sure if I’ll do it or not.
8264042ea7fbcd791256e6d839093452.jpg

18 hours ago, thecodemonk said:

So...with ORIs, it always has to be asked...does the ride justify the cost?  Does it drive comfortably both on and off road?

don't ask me lol.  i don't drive it on the road.  Offroad is awesome though.  I keep mine riding low cause i just do crawling so i doubt they'd ride well on the road.  I only have about 5" of chrome showing on these 16s.  

From what I have read, you ran Rusty's 4.5" rear lift springs. Did you like the ride quality that they had or would you recommend something else? I want to go bigger on my blue truck.

Side note, I think you might have the longest build thread on this forum.

17 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

From what I have read, you ran Rusty's 4.5" rear lift springs. Did you like the ride quality that they had or would you recommend something else? I want to go bigger on my blue truck.

Side note, I think you might have the longest build thread on this forum.

i ran them such a long time ago that they've likely been redesigned at some point so my opinion may not matter....but i was not very impressed with them.  i went offroad once and broke the main leaf in both packs.  Rustsy was an absolute nightmare to deal with.  ride was much better with SOA and stock leaf springs.  flatter the arch the better the ride will be.  

crazy to think i've been screwing with this thing for 14 years haha.  

2 hours ago, 89eliminator said:

i ran them such a long time ago that they've likely been redesigned at some point so my opinion may not matter....but i was not very impressed with them.  i went offroad once and broke the main leaf in both packs.  Rustsy was an absolute nightmare to deal with.  ride was much better with SOA and stock leaf springs.  flatter the arch the better the ride will be.  

crazy to think i've been screwing with this thing for 14 years haha.  

Thanks!