Just picked up a Turbo Diesel MJ!!

Rebelfish99

Well, because of my shoulder injury I can't drive my Deuce and a half so I decided to sell it and ended up trading someone here locally for a 1986 Turbo Diesel MJ.

It only has 144K miles on it, NO RUST!!! and is in all around great shape, everything is original except the gear shifter, AM radio still works! and it still looks great on the inside.

I've been driving it around for about a week now and I'm still on 3/4 of a tank. Great gas milage.

MJ%20001.JPG

MJ%20002.JPG

MJ%20003.JPG

MJ%20004.JPG

MJ%20006.JPG

MJ%20008.JPG

MJ%20009.JPG

Sweet man, looks like you got a nice new ride there. I would love to get my hands on one of those someday. :clapping:

Any plans on upgrades/mods?

Gonna keep it completly stock. The diesel does get about 40 mpg highway and 35 around town, and I don't wanna ruin that with a lift. Plus it really doesn't have any get up and go, its very slow so a lift wouldn't help even with the stock 4.10 gears.

But I think I might put a CB in it and my toolbox in the bed.

I saw that on the Va Beach Craigslist. I sent it to my wife she said no :shake: , build the one you have first. :clapping:

I was about to ask if that was the one that has been on there for sale for awhile....The pics made it look really nice.

She's a beauty.

Crazy how a 20+ year old pick up truck can get 40mpg, yet today they can hardly squeek out 20mpg in todays trucks.

true, but a newer truck getting 20mpg probably won't break as much.

there is NOTHING worse than a renault 2.1 for maintaining. I'd venture to say that a 2.8 is more reliable than a 2.1 (this coming from someone who has been around both, and who fell in love with comanches because of my dad's 2.1 turbo mj)

very nice.. it looks to be in great shape..

their is one in Maine f/s but the guy want $1400,oo and he said the box was banged up in an accident a few years ago.. been sitting he would sell all the parts to fix it for a nother $1000,oo did not seem worth it as its 5hrs away from me...

i already pulled up the carpet and absolutely NO RUST. not even surface spots. And yes its A LOT easier to park than my deuce. I just called the guy and asked him if he wanted a Deuce and he said sure, so title for title we traded.

Except today I blew an oil hose while sitting in traffic so I got it parked right now and driving my other MJ.

sweet deal, diesels rock.

Just spent all day presenting my diesel vs SVO emissions data for my senior design project, then went out and poured some SVO into my tank and drove home.

Getting 24.5 MPG @ 80 MPH in a diesel jeep is what its all about.

Ya, diesels rock.