1989 jeep comanche

4.0l

5-spd

4x4

very little rust

runs great

then i added 33's

then a lick of paint

olive drab green i rolled it so there was no spray lines plus it was cheaper to roll it then buy spray paint

more to come

custom bumpers

2" coil spacers to level it out

rear main seal change

I like the olive drab , before you change that main seal , check your valve cover .

They leak at the back and runs oil all down the back of the motor , giving the appearance of a faulty main seal .

Thats what mine was doing !

what size lift is on there now to fit 33s?

6.5 i believe its spoa in the rear rockers measure 24" behind cab 22" in front i need 2" spacers

for you other guys i had a 89 xj 4.0L and the rms went in it 2 hour change. but the valve cover gasket needs changed too its leaking in the back

i need to get my clutch figured out. it will be fine then you gotta pump it back up for pressure. we bled it 2 times now something is pulling in air

yeah i need to get some stuff for it.and there is like 8000 lbs of wheel weights on it. need to paint them black.

i need to buy and install 2" coil soacers to lift the front to match the rear

and build bumpers

i have a garage but 28" of snow puts a hault on things. i drive the jeep to save fuel in my truck

Holy wheel weights Batman! (RR tire). That's why I didn't even bother with my new tires.

I noticed that too!!!

I had a set balanced at Town Fair Tire once. (I use stick on weights as they are better for the rocks.) The kid had no idea what he was doing.... I was there for almost three hours... he was balancing them for MOST of that time!!! When I fineally got them, OH YEA, they where not on the vehicle, they where in the bed of the MJ!! A couple of them had 6-8oz on opposing sides!!! The freakin' kid put on too much weight and instead of removing part of it, he added more to the otherside to compinsate. I was rushed so I only complained, but left them on. Know what...the damn things run REALLY SMOOTH!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

CW

no one likes my build up :( no new replies haha

I totally understand your feeling of being lonely... not too many looking at mine either.

I totally dig the green! Almost painted my old truck that same color but sold it instead. Cool truck though... I like the "business only" look! Simple, no frills... awesome!

what primer and paint did you use to roll this?

i dig how it has the army look

did you have to use a certain roller?

thanks jamminz.gif

i went to wal mart and got Italian olive in satin 1 gal 9.99 and a foam roller there yellow 4.00 for a 2 pack

2" masking tape and couple hours and some beer and its done. i scuffed it with a 3M red scotch brite pad

• 1 month later...

So you used a paint roller like you paint the inside of a house with? My uncle did that with some candy apple red on his f250 :doh: it looked really bad. Does yours look rough up close? It looks fine from where it is but it seems like it would have to be rough up close :dunno: With that color it shouldnt be bad though :thumbsup:

So you used a paint roller like you paint the inside of a house with? My uncle did that with some candy apple red on his f250 :doh: it looked really bad. Does yours look rough up close? It looks fine from where it is but it seems like it would have to be rough up close :dunno: With that color it shouldnt be bad though :thumbsup:

i agree my brother did the same thing with grey and his grand am. how did you apply it? jus like a normal spray or up and down like painting your house?

• 2 weeks later...
i like this alot almost what I'm looking to do with my mj do you think i could go with a smaller lift for 33s like a 4.5 or do your 33s just fit with the 6.5

i wanted 32's but i found all 4 33's for 200.00 couldnt pass it up