Crazy mad flex

mvusse

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like that light rail you had on the front CW , looked good , pure and simple . :thumbs up:

Thanks man, We threw that together as an after thought after building the rear bumper. It 4" sprinkler pipe. You can see the 90degree elbows welded on for the corners. Then I took a 6' section of 1.25" poop pipe and with a 1.5" bi metal hole saw, chopped off a 8" piece. Then came back to the chop saw and chopped a second. This got me two "uprights" with birds mouths ready to go. Then I doug around in the nuts and bolts till I found two giant bolts. I stuck them in the ends of the cross tube and burned them on/in. For mounting I welded on a piece of heavy 2" angle iron to the bottom and drilled mounting holes.

Its now on my XJ I built up a couple years ago. My pop drove it as he was got back on his feet after my mom passed. I don't drive it much now, its a "extra" vehicle for us. The wife likes it for taking the dogs to the very as they can get in it by them selves. (Its lower to the ground)

CW

nice tires & rims on that

here's what I got: this was about 2 weeks after I got it. hadn't addressed little things yet (like tailgate handle)

fixed now though.

this is also when I realized the axle was about 1.5" off to the left side. had to snap all the u-bolts and re-position it.

• 4 months later...

I never thought i'd say this but I actually like the way it looks with whitespokes on your MJ. My white CJ7 came with a set of whitespokes with winter tires and I just had this idea that they would look horrible so I never tried them on the car. Just might give them a try and see how it looks

The one thing I see in some of the flex photos is they can't steer lock to lock without rubbing. What good is that??? :shake:

Here is a couple pictures of old pics of my XJ with 5" of lift 33/10.50x15's and cut fenders. It had 11.7" travel shocks and it maxed them out on extention. The shock under compression has 3/8" of travel left with the bumpstop fully compressed.

It could steer from lock to lock without any rubbing when fully flexed. :thumbsup:

Full stuff

othersideat_sm.jpg

Close up of clearance and raised flare

lfflex_sm.jpg

Full extention

flexedat_sm.jpg

Ride height

lfview_sm.jpg

Link to the write-up

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/TPfenderFlares/FenderFlares.htm

• 1 year later...

the pics of mine when the truck was red, i was stock with 33x12.50's. i impressed all my friends they were joking around saying i couldn't do anything because I'm not a full size truck. i caught my friends tire turned and gave it a shot lol first time ever and managed to stay on lol. but my dad got me after i got him haha hes the one on the right. (the 79 chevy in the first pic).

Here's with 2" budget boost and worn 33s

And here's with adj upper and lower arms with about 6.25" of lift, it droops pretty good for shortarms! Whenever I get my longarms bolted up I'll repost a pic of me flexing on a Prius or something!

ignore the fool in the picture, i had just gotten up :chillin:

tire was about two inches off the ground in those. all in all ive got about 26-28 inches of flex before the tire comes up. 4.5 hell creek lift