Crazy mad flex

mvusse

By Wade's request. And anyone else can add their's.

I looped a ratchet strap over the tire and under the forks just in case, but left it a bit loose. Still a lot ore stable than it looks; I shouldn't have worried.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no sheet metal contact (I did some more cutting), and I hammered the pinch seem in the back of the front wheel wells flat. But at full flex I can't steer as the tire is contacting the wheel well and shock tower. So yes, I do need to bump stop. But until then, there's nothing sharp for the to touch.

Up until now I held the firm belief that bump stops were an unnecessary evil.

Also need bumpers and better brakes.

Another set of rims to mount my street tires on so I don't wear out my play tires on the pavement.

And a rear locker :brows:

This was with the RUSTYS 4" leafs and 4" coils with 2" ACOS spacers and no drop brackets IIRC. (Also 33x10.5 tars, not the 33x9.5's I run now...)

I'll do this again, once it warms up as I need to redo my rear bump stops and would like to see how much I gain with the DB's!!

CW

It took some winching to get there, but I finally pulled myself up on an obstacle that truly showed my mad flexing skilz...

Then I fired up a super secret hydrolic ram setup to force my suspension even further:

:smart:

This was with the RUSTYS 4" leafs and 4" coils with 2" ACOS spacers and no drop brackets IIRC. (Also 33x10.5 tars, not the 33x9.5's I run now...)

I'll do this again, once it warms up as I need to redo my rear bump stops and would like to see how much I gain with the DB's!!

CW

DUDE THAT TRUCK IS SWEET

DUDE THAT TRUCK IS SWEET

Thanks man!!

Just like lots of guys on here, it was allot of hard and enjoyable work!!

I have a couple shots from '06 when it had a 3" lift on 31's and it flexed pretty good than as well...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

CW

please provide me a list of that EXACT setup

with the 31s and the lift

I WANT IT :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

IIRC, Rusty's 3" coils up front, factory leafs out back with day-star extended shackle out back. So technically, it was a leveling type of lift with a bit extra out back. The shackle is about 8" eye to eye so it nets ya about 1.5" of lift. BDS shocks up front and Rancho's out back. 31x10.5x15 BFG AT tires on 15X8 AR steel rims.

Check my build thread, It pretty much covers all the changes from day one back in 2005.

CW

please provide me a list of that EXACT setup

with the 31s and the lift

I WANT IT :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

IIRC, Rusty's 3" coils up front, factory leafs out back with day-star extended shackle out back. So technically, it was a leveling type of lift with a bit extra out back. The shackle is about 8" eye to eye so it nets ya about 1.5" of lift. BDS shocks up front and Rancho's out back. 31x10.5x15 BFG AT tires on 15X8 AR steel rims.

Check my build thread, It pretty much covers all the changes from day one back in 2005.

CW

whats iirc?

I do like that light rail you had on the front CW , looked good , pure and simple . :thumbs up:

Thanks man, We threw that together as an after thought after building the rear bumper. It 4" sprinkler pipe. You can see the 90degree elbows welded on for the corners. Then I took a 6' section of 1.25" poop pipe and with a 1.5" bi metal hole saw, chopped off a 8" piece. Then came back to the chop saw and chopped a second. This got me two "uprights" with birds mouths ready to go. Then I doug around in the nuts and bolts till I found two giant bolts. I stuck them in the ends of the cross tube and burned them on/in. For mounting I welded on a piece of heavy 2" angle iron to the bottom and drilled mounting holes.

Its now on my XJ I built up a couple years ago. My pop drove it as he was got back on his feet after my mom passed. I don't drive it much now, its a "extra" vehicle for us. The wife likes it for taking the dogs to the very as they can get in it by them selves. (Its lower to the ground)

CW