Curse of The Comanche???!!!!111

jpnjim

For the (relatively) small number of people on this board, seems like we have way more than our share of medical issues to go around.

To the point where it's hard to keep up :ack: ,

So, for the sake of researching the possibility of a 'Curse of the Comanche' ;)

& help those of us with horrible memories,

post up what's wrong with you.

Note:

please skip :nuts:

we're driving 20 year old, extinct trucks from an extinct manufacturer,

being :nuts: is a given here. :cheers:

Me:

41 years old,

ICD after one unexplained V-fib, blind in one eye after vitrectomy, 31 years of diabetes (type 1)

28 years old, and I have Cystic Fibrosis, osteoporosis, partially dislocated left kneecap, 4 discs in my lower back are less than 2mm thick, I have 3 prominently showing vertebrae in my lower neck, TMJ (clicking jaw), and CFRD (Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes). That's all just the main ones for now, I won't get into the rest of my health related troubles. I live in more pain everyday than most can imagine, but rarely if ever let it be known.

I also have the :nuts: old Jeep bug too!

1. Scars from flying plexiglas (Vietnam reminder-nothing serious)

2. Triple by-pass Dec 06

3. Prostrate C (Had it radiated Jul 09- is it cured, nobody knows)

4. Melanoma removed by surgery a few weeks ago (Got a call yesterday saying they got it all)

5. Crushed vertabrae (4 0r 5) in lower back (Afraid to mess with it-could screw it up worse)

Didn't know I had it until Dr ask in Jul when did you break your back. I don't know when it happened.

74, going on 75, and the only thing wrong with me is, uh,,er,,hmmm, I forgot.

Three elderly gentlemen,old farts, were sitting on the front porch of the retirement home discussing their ailments. first says " I have trouble peeing. Sometimes I stand there for 30 minutes trying to relieve myself." Says the second, "I have trouble taking a dump. My bowels are so uptight I'll sit on the stool 2 hours trying to dump" The third " I don't have those problems. Every morn prompt at 6:30 I take a good healthy dump. Promptly at 7 I pee. Completely empty the bowels and bladder. Now if I would just start waking up before 8AM"

I hit the big 4-0 next month........all I have is gout (controlled with daily meds thank God), cholesterol so high you wouldn't believe my numbers if I told you, and was just started on high blood pressure meds last week. Yay me....

Jeff

also blew up my R knee in the late 90's and couldn't walk for about two years, but that's all better now ;)

38yrs chrons disease for 15yrs, appendix burst (doctor sent me home thought it was chrons pain) I was on steriods for chrons and full of infection froms the appendix. 5 weeks in the hospitial 2 at home back in for 3 more weeks in this tmie 3 operations and lost couple feet of bowel. Arthristis from the chrons 2 huge hernias that can't be fixed chronic kindney problems from the bowl problems. Once I eat for the day most of my night is spent on the pot in pain due to the bowl that was taken where theres a valve that controls everthing. There ia surley more just can remeber oh and no memory anymore.

Wow, I'm 20 and Ive had my share of stiches, scars, accidents, pains, and what not, but damn. I used to swim competitive in High school and over the summers, and my shoulders were giving me problems, but after I graduated and stopped swimming(bad mistake) it got better. After seeing all this I don't think I want to grow old, maybe I should get rid of the MJ curse before its too late...... not, haha, at least not for a long while, who knows what will happen in the future.

You seriously want to know? I don’t think so; I would certainly win this contest and leave you all depressed, so I will leave ya’ll with this thought – it could be worse.

This is a pretty tough crowd,

I was dead for a little while, and I don't think I'm the worst. ;)

It hardly seems worth complaining about, but I've had a reoccurring Staph infection (not MRSA, its a weak strand, that my body just can't deal with) for the past 2 years. 15 sites total in that time fram, Three sites have been major, which have required hospitalization and surgery. I just got one on my chin that looked like I had a golf ball in my lower lip. Docs say I'll be likely to keep getting them for the rest of my life.

cholesterol so high you wouldn't believe my numbers if I told you

Watch out for Pancreatitus.

'Joe' on another board got it, and I think he's still hospitalized (since last May). :(

yeah, I know....I've got a full lipid/kidney/liver panel blood draw scheduled in a couple of weeks (get it done bi-annually)

last time the doc asked if I ever had pancreatitus....I said I didn't know, how would I know if I had it or not (?) Apparently, if you have it, you KNOW you have it...

I've had about every chol test known to man done to me over the last several years (even had my blood spun up and had the fat molecules in it measured), and it all boils down to heredity.....it's not dietary (although I'm an ex-chef, I do tend to eat fairly well). My body produces chol and metabolizes it. I'm a freak of nature, so it seems.

I once worked with a pastry chef way back in the day. She was about 4'8" on a good day, and weighed maybe 90 lbs soaking wet and a board strapped to her @$$, and her chol was 475 :nuts:

mine's a bit higher than that, too (I'm 5'8", and stay between 175-180 consistently).

Jeff

Sad thing is Jimoshel , we are smarter than the doctors sometimes !

My wife has been in the hospital for two weeks from a gastric bypass surgery gone bad .

Every time I'm not there , something happens . Its always something , either the doctors forgetting to write up

medications or the nurses not giving it on time . They better start paying me to follow up on them .

They do a good job and all , when I follow up with them .

Sorry for the rant .

Nothing wrong with me , just a busted wallet !

It hardly seems worth complaining about, but I've had a reoccurring Staph infection (not MRSA, its a weak strand, that my body just can't deal with) for the past 2 years. 15 sites total in that time fram, Three sites have been major, which have required hospitalization and surgery. I just got one on my chin that looked like I had a golf ball in my lower lip. Docs say I'll be likely to keep getting them for the rest of my life.

compared to some of he other guys, no biggie, but ive been there, thats freakin painfull.... and 15 in 2 years? Major Frickin ouch...

I have a chronic ankle injury from spraining it too many times; it's always a bit sore. I also have TMJ (self-diagnosed) and I just recently dislocated my pinky. Once I get around to losing about 50lbs, I'll be much better off.