Wanting metal Tail light boxes? Possible group buy?

whats the problem?

Time, effort and money. We will end up spending 2 days worth of time for Daryl and I to make the design, make a prototype, finalize the design and program the machines to make them. So we will end up investing a good amount of money into making a prototype. This becomes not worth it, when we don't sell them.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's just a matter of not being able to justify spending that kind of dough on a truck that isn't worth more than 2500 bucks :dunno:

This is why I am putting out a feeler and not just making them. I understand this logic completely, but I feel I owe it to those that have asked to at least put a feeler. Trust me, we understand the size of this market! Since we prototyped sliders for these trucks, we maybe have sold 3-4 sets.

For me, it's just a matter of not being able to justify spending that kind of dough on a truck that isn't worth more than 2500 bucks :dunno:

This is why I am putting out a feeler and not just making them. I understand this logic completely, but I feel I owe it to those that have asked to at least put a feeler. Trust me, we understand the size of this market! Since we prototyped sliders for these trucks, we maybe have sold 3-4 sets.

Sorry that the sliders haven't sold any better than they have. Sliders are one of the projects that most home "builders" can pull off themselves. They won't be as nice as yours, but most home fabers can pull it off.

I am definately interested. I really wish they had the qtr quards too. As I pointed out earlier... no one makes bed repair panels. I can't speak for other owners, but I wheel my crap, and I don't like being denied on an obstacle cause I am afraid to put a dent in my rig. That is why MY 90 Black MJ won't see any trail time till I get it armored to the point I am happy. I also have an xj to beat on.. and it is getting that when I am able to wheel.

Thank you for checking with us. I appreciate the opportunity. :cheers:

If there is a rendering to show that will help in the process. :)

Sorry to hear about the sliders not selling well, I know the kind of work it takes to prototype and produce a new product. I plan on ordering a set within a month though as your setup is one of the only out there for LWB MJ's and they are definitely the best built.

Sorry to hear about the sliders not selling well, I know the kind of work it takes to prototype and produce a new product. I plan on ordering a set within a month though as your setup is one of the only out there for LWB MJ's and they are definitely the best built.

I am in for a set of those for my LWB also when I get mine finished! Great product! I kinda find myself also wishing you had a little rear slider or a tie-in for the rear bumper for those of us with the big overhang on the LWB's... :oops: I can already hear the back quarters dragging across every obstacle on the trail. :roll:

And I am not going to bob the bed. :fs2:

Rob L.

Not for me as I don't wheel but sounds like a excellent USA made product and I myself would pay a preminum for a part made right here in the USA. And if you guys making them get close to your 15 sets try ebaying some I bet they sell should try that with the rock sliders also.

I'm definitely in especially if you guys are able to match the body lines a little better than the one pictured...

As soon as i get my bumper I'm ordering the sliders. I want to keep seeing these things (and hopefully more new stuff) offered for our trucks.

:cheers:

Could I get these without holes drilled?

I think I want to add my own lights! :chillin:

Probably not. We will be building these in bulk and not customizable.

I'm definitely in especially if you guys are able to match the body lines a little better than the one pictured...

As soon as i get my bumper I'm ordering the sliders. I want to keep seeing these things (and hopefully more new stuff) offered for our trucks.

:cheers:

That picture was someone's photoshop. They won't be square, they will match the lines. I won't make them if they look like crap, we do have high standards of our work!

The only other thing we "might" offer for MJ's would be Tcase skids. The market for MJ stuff is very very small, so it's hard to offer much for them.

I'd be in too. I actually like the round holes better than the oval ones. But either would work.

I am thinking that the back flange won't be big enough to fit the 4" rounds. We will end up using whatever fits the best and looks the best.

So, do we have a count of who is in & for what (if the side protection style is even being considered)?

In for 'box', or 'side protection' style (protection style preferred) --- Jpnjim

I am not sure what we are going to make. If we make bed side guards, they will only be for Short beds. I need to get my hands on the MJ before I can say for sure if it's something we even want to mess with.

I would like to be in, but my wife would kill me for that cost!

I hear what you're saying on R/D and such, i did work in a shop. I would like to maybe see this as a production run? Even if they do sit for a while, it's helping the MJ community having SOMEBODY out there making us parts!

Could I get these without holes drilled?

I think I want to add my own lights! :chillin:

Probably not. We will be building these in bulk and not customizable.

Please explain.

Is it harder to make a few sets without the extra work of drilling holes in the "cans"? :huh???:

Please explain.

Is it harder to make a few sets without the extra work of drilling holes in the "cans"? :huh???:

We don't drill them. We make the design, put a sheet of steel on the CNC Plaz table and wait. It's not that we "can't" or that it is "harder" it's that we only want to make one design, one part, in bulk. Saves time and money, thus saving everyone $$.

Brimy,

Have you posted this question on some of the other MJ/XJ based websites? Not everyone over on Naxja, or JF and other MJ owners come to this site.

Also didnt realise your t-case skid was like that... My Bad. ON a XJ note... do you all make them wider then that?