'88 MJ (4wd - Trail Truck)

500 MJ

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that pic looks like it should be in a magazine ad. It's that nice. This mj really makes us all proud.

...just wait. Not a magazine ad, but kinda close... :D

As promised, here is http://www.Rockauto.com's latest magnet.

24243_561506389597_6603948_32716814_3262007_n.jpg

24243_561506394587_6603948_32716815_5252285_n.jpg

Big thanks to my neighbor who works at http://www.Rockauto.com for doing this for me. After I spoke to him about all the parts I bought from his company over the years, the wheels started turning and this is where we ended up at. They include these magnets with their orders that they ship all over the world. :D

Nice!! :thumbsup:

Collector series 58....does that mean there are more in the series? Do they randomly pick one to include with the order? Is it possible to request the Brent MJ magnet with an order? :brows:

Willy

Yah, they have the other 57 magnets before mine and will continue to add more in the series I'm sure.

You can try to request it, but I doubt they fulfill requests like that, probably just grab the next one in the pile and throw it in the box.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Truck is currently off the road, not in the good way either. It has been down for some over-due maintenance for a few months now. Things being done to get it back into shape include:

Steering Column Swap - Ignition switch went out of the old column, Tilt Column going back in

Replace Motor Mounts - Old ones are toasted

Replace/Fix Exhaust Manifold - Old manifold is probably savable, no cracks, was leaking

Paint Work - Exterior, Interior (Removing Carpet), Underbody

Re-Plumbing Some Brake Lines

Driveshafts will be pulled and lubed

Install New Cobra CB

New Idler Pulleys

Swap 4 Door XJ Buckets out - Replace with MJ Buckets

Whatever else needs to be done... :dunno:

Looking into:

New Shocks w/ Limit Straps - All 4 Corners, looking at Bilsteins

Cone Style Air Intake

Swap AX-15 Internal Slave with AX-15 External Slave, Install Centerforce Clutch Setup

Radiator will need replacing soon - Fins are getting pretty soft - will get re-cored (I like my brass tanks)

Prepping for Dana 30 Swap/ Dana 44 Re-Gear

* Buying 5.5" RE Coils to replace 3.5" RE Coils with Spacers (Current)

* Buy OX Lockers & Gears

* Assemble D30 Axle

* Re-Do Rear Leafs - Buy New Packs/ Bastardize Old Rusty's Packs...?

Lots on the plate with too little time... such is life. image_209027.gif

Right now the engine is half taken apart. I took the manifolds off to get to my motor mounts and also trouble shoot my exhaust leak. While I have the drivers side of the engine bay open I will be taking care of my brake plumbing issues and swapping my steering columns. I cleaned the engine bay up on the drivers side today and swapped in the new drivers side motor mount. Pretty easy. Passengers side will wait until the next Oil change...

good solid plan, brent.

for your rear springs, i would just SOA it with some 2wd leafs. they just plain ride better and perform better offroad. although, I'm not sure what kind of towing you do. i tow my quad around places and they sag, but not horrible. SOA-ing my truck was worlds better than when i had the rustys SUA leafs in.

Yah, I hear ya Wade.

I often think if that would just be the way to go? I do like to still fill the bed and haul with it, even though my wonderful green and gold plate says I do otherwise... Firewood is a big thing, so is camping gear, coolers, etc. I'll admit that I'm not hauling alot when I do haul, however I really don't want to limit myself.

Sure is something to think about, I've got plenty of time to ponder it... Not currently having a welder also plays into the end decision if I am going to be doing the work and not taking it to a shop... driveshaft length is also already set for the setup I have...

• 5 months later...

Hey there, love your truck.

I've got that cargo light and switch and I am interested in trading for 4.0 renix era gauges and sensors that go along with it if you've got 'em. Got a pm from a guy that has what I'm looking for but I said that it's only fair to give you the first shot. P.M. me if you want and we will hash something out. I am interested in other things as well so don't be shy with the offers.

Sorry for posting this here but I'm new to the forum stuff.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today was a GOOD day. I got the old beast fired up and actually drove it up and down the road for the first time since last Fall. Still have lots of things to do to get it back to being daily driver capable, but at least I made a big step by getting it rolling again today. I partially bled the brakes, enough to get them to work again, and ran it up and down the road. WHAT A FEELING! It was nice to be back in the saddle so to speak.

I still need to get the brakes bled fully. Both of the bleeders on the back didn't want to budge on the first try so I just ran with front brakes for the little drive today. Most of what I set out to do has been accomplished:

Steering Column Swap - DONE, loving the Tilt Column! Also installed a Borgeson Heavy Duty Steering Shaft while I was in there.

Replace Motor Mounts - Still 1/2 done, next Oil Change will get to the Passenger one.

Replace/Fix Exhaust Manifold - Manifold was cracked, got a different stock one on there now. Still need to get a good EGR tube for it.

Paint Work - Nothing done here, the floor was quite rusty under the carpet. No more carpet anymore, washed it and stored it.

Re-Plumbing Some Brake Lines - DONE - New lines in from the master cyl. to the prop. block and to the rear of the truck.

Driveshafts will be pulled and lubed - Still need to do.

Install New Cobra CB - Still sitting on the shelf, waiting for the rest of the interior to go back together first.

New Idler Pulleys - DONE - Old ones weren't as bad as I thought, but still good to have peace of mind knowing new ones are there.

Swap 4 Door XJ Buckets out - Washed new seats up, set them in the truck. Still need to bolt them down, but thats it. Loving the tilt!

Whatever else needs to be done... - Because the floor was so rusty, I'll be leaving the carpet out and painting the steel. Fun Fun.

Looking into:

Cold Air Intake - Made up one of these. More to follow on it, not completely finished yet, just enough to get it sealed up and functional.

Updates to follow will be sparse, both of the next upcoming weekends will be spent away from home so who knows when I'll get back around to working on it, weeknights are about all I have these days.

I know, I know... I need to get some pics of this stuff.

never had tilt steering huh? I've always had it so can't think of it would be without it, prolly much like me swapping wheels and the smaller steering wheel over the stock one is awesome.

But good to hear you at least had it road bound for a bit must be getting warmer. :D