my 1988 jeep comanche "ole rusty"

well the purpose of the mj I'm restoring was to have it done by the time i get my license .... wel thats not gonna work so I'm gonna use my old 88 that i broke the frame in for that. the plan is fix 2 cracks and 2 breaks in the frame, do rear break lines, put a eal gas tank in it, and then floors and body work. but not in any particular order. here's sspme pics.:

ive got a couple other pics but ive gotta upload to phhoto bucket and i forgiot to so ill postem in a few mins.

disregard the part saying I'm putting on the road i found too much damage for that it is now a off road rig.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a little crack in the left side and i took it down an atv trail and went up a big rock hill and the back bounced a couple times then when i was backing out it snapped

You and Ben should hangout together. You've both totaled MJ's on quad trails, and you both think you'll bring them back to life somehow.

Well the optimist in me says nothing is non repairable, but I'm a bit of an optimist with a pessimistic attitude... The way I see it you have two choices:

1, Just look for another truck.

2, Chop the frame off right behind the bed and tube it!!

My own frame repairs where no where near this bad. IMHO yours is gone past a safe return to service. At least without buku work, cost and effort. A cost and effort better put into a better base vehicle.

CW

Well the optimist in me says nothing is non repairable, but I'm a bit of an optimist with a pessimistic attitude... The way I see it you have two choices:

1, Just look for another truck.

2, Chop the frame off right behind the bed and tube it!!

My own frame repairs where no where near this bad. IMHO yours is gone past a safe return to service. At least without buku work, cost and effort. A cost and effort better put into a better base vehicle.

CW

that was my first thought but my dad told me hes fixed worse and put them on the road safly so were gunna try it. if nothing else ill have it back as a woods truck

well that idea died fast ....... i just crwled under to look at what i need to do to fix the frame and found a gaping hole on the right hand side by the break.. probably why it broke . and i found that the frame has major damage around the bumpstops soo its back to being parts. pics :

soapbox.gif rust she back to being a donor now .

yah, thats the worst I've seen it as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad you aren't putting that MJ back on the road...that was just plain UNSAFE! Even if you would have gotten it taken care of other parts of the truck wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Strip 'er down of everything you want and send 'er to that big steel pile in the sky.

Isn't there enough parts there on that MJ to finish the one in your avatar?

You don't have vehicle inspections in Canada?

yea we have inspections but tey allow frame repair. also I'm looking at picking up a -97 kj that was roller .4.0 5 speed 4x4 and might get it for free. so if i get that my avatar will be turning into a 4x4 4.0 the way i wanted it in the first place.

yah, thats the worst I've seen it as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad you aren't putting that MJ back on the road...that was just plain UNSAFE! Even if you would have gotten it taken care of other parts of the truck wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Strip 'er down of everything you want and send 'er to that big steel pile in the sky.

my new plan is to cut the frame off behind the cab and start runnin a new frame from square tube. the front of the frame is nowheres near as bad as the back. but were not sure yet it may still end up donating the engine and mabye a rear end to the rest project