Barack Hussein Obama won a what????

jpdocdave

President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.

Nobel observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline.

2 weeks into his presidency????? how does that work? :dunno:

peolpe spend their whole life's work, and make impacts and progress, thats who deserve this.

i remember a few years ago 99.5% of the WORLD, had no clue who this man was. when he ran for senate here in illinois, he had no expereince, and no one knew his name. a year later he campaigns for president, and a couple weeks later wins a nobel prize :nuts: first al gore wins one for his hoax, and now this.

strange things are a happenin

whats scary is half the rest of the world hates him

Al Gore getting one for that stupid movie was a fluke, but them giving another one to Obama for doing nothing just means that the Nobel Prize no longer has any credibility. He gets a million dollars too... to continiue doing nothing. Its just joke now. The Nobel prize used to mean something, I guess that isnt the case anymore. And it is insulting to those who really did do something. Wasnt there a middle east terrorist leader who got one a few years back? I can't think of his name. Its all a bunch of BS!

Myself, I think it's great! The man has made history, again. whether he deserves it or not was not made by a bunch of Americans with "opinions". The decision to give the award our president received was made by the Nobel Prize Committee in Sweden. I seriously doubt the committee was swayed or influenced, if I was to believe that then I'd be saying the whole Nobel Prize thing was a joke, I don't think that MLK Jr.,Einstein,Kipling,and many others would think this was a joke. I don't always agree with our President or his governmental policies, but I do give credit to the man for the job he is doing. Besides there isn't a person on this board that wouldn't cause anger or discontent with some group or person,if they were President, the man has the most important/hardest job in the world. If I could I'd shake his hand, tell him that I'm proud of him, and that I'm proud to be an American living in a country where we can make the choice to elect people like him,if we choose. Besides,I might not even like him next term. :doh:

Myself, I think it's great! The man has made history, again. whether he deserves it or not was not made by a bunch of Americans with "opinions". The decision to give the award our president received was made by the Nobel Prize Committee in Sweden. I seriously doubt the committee was swayed or influenced, if I was to believe that then I'd be saying the whole Nobel Prize thing was a joke, I don't think that MLK Jr.,Einstein,Kipling,and many others would think this was a joke. I don't always agree with our President or his governmental policies, but I do give credit to the man for the job he is doing. Besides there isn't a person on this board that wouldn't cause anger or discontent with some group or person,if they were President, the man has the most important/hardest job in the world. If I could I'd shake his hand, tell him that I'm proud of him, and that I'm proud to be an American living in a country where we can make the choice to elect people like him,if we choose. Besides,I might not even like him next term. :doh:

:agree: . I feel that this was a way for our President to be recognized by non Americans for the direction he is attemting to lead our country. Whether folks like it or not, the international policies of the last 8 years have NOT been a popular one in the rest of the world.

I certainly do not like all or his ideas or agendas, I personally feel his direction to be more positive than what we have seen in the recent past.

You will be hard pressed to find someone who is more pro-American than me. I am a hand gun owner, death penalty advocate, conservative in my ideas of education and social mores and belive that private monies have corrupted our government, possibly beyond repair.

Whether you respect the President or despise him, respect the office. It is, as Cheyenne said, the toughest job in the world.

what job???????????????????????????????????????????????????? :ack: :ack: :ack:

chicago politics are and have always been DIRTY.

it was this machine that put him on the national stage.

as a 40 yr small business man, i know how to run a business.

believe me, this ain't it.

our country is being sold out to the chinese and whoever else is buying our debt!

the end. coming sooner then later.

First I think the Nobel Prize is awarded from Norway. Second he had done nothing but make promises in those first two weeks of his administration before the nominations were closed. Thirdly he had not fulfilled any of those promises to date that he made during those first two weeks.

In other words they awarded him the prize because he was not George Bush!!!!!!!!!!

It makes a lot of sense that they only used the first 2 weeks of his presidency to decide,

everything was all rainbows & unicorn farts then.

Obviously they lock all those nice award people in a cave after the Feb deadline,

so they can hash out who the winner will be, without any interruptions.

I bet they feel pretty silly about the whole thing by now. :popcorn:

Well from recent news it seems like he is doing something... Hes letting the Russians count and study our nuclear stockpile :nuts: ... So expect to see some sort of Russian device to jam our missiles. And do we get to study theirs?... Don't hold your breath

I applaud you Mr. Obama :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:wall: