hope i'm doing this right lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyday i leave my driveway and down the street from me.. there is this Comanche that has been parked out in this field for quite some time. i'm sure it don't run, and its 2wd. not sure what engine or anything. but its white.. i can see it has a broke tail light and couple minor things.. but i'm to chicken to stop and ask about it...what should i offer if i did.. i think he might store hay in the back.. not sure.

I'd offer up just as much money as you have to pay for it on hand if you make an offer on the white one. Sellers like when you pull out a wad of cash to pay too so tell them you have cash when you are dealing with it. Before you offer any money though, take it out for a test run and see what clunks and clicks it has that you'll have to fix...

I was looking at the first pics you had posted up, back when you first swapped over the body panels and it was painted all different colors. I'm wondering what rims you had on it then? I'm looking to buy a set of wheels like that for my 2wd and would love to hear your opinion of what brand wheels you had on...

Best of Luck, Good work so far!

- Brent

I'm pretty sure they are Eagle brand. i've had about 3 sets of wheels from them and loved all of them. i got the wheels with the truck tho so i don't know what model and stuff. but i do work at the tire factory and my brother is manager and he'll know the model. i very much loved the looks of the wheels tho. thanks alot - Aaron

• 1 month later...
You selling this?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1401418397.html

don't do it.

haha yeah... idk tho.. i have had like a butt load of Emailed and stuff on it. its just starting to get up there in miles for me to be using as a dailydriver. ya know? and i am starting a new project on a 1970 GMC 4x4. But your right.. i should hang on to her. i don't think i really want to sell it either cuz i am not being very good at replying to people's email's and calls... haha. ;)

On a side note.. i bought a roll bar with 4 KC lights on it today

haha well i was freaking out today cuz someone came out to look at my truck to buy it, but he was like"this looks like to much work, but thanks" i guess a broken turn marker and only 4 bolts holding the front bumper on was to much work. oh well. thats fine with me.. so i went out and bought a roll bar for my truck with 4 KC lights on it.. but i need to get new lights i think.

tell me what you think?

oibxnk.jpg

286u6wn.jpg

mhyhcn.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
well its that time... getting new tires on her Wed. hopefully 33's will fit okay.

heard both positive and negative about my tires, but for around here i think they will be great.

MickeyThompsonBajaClaw.jpg

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Emudgrappler

I'm in the market for new tires for my wheeling TJ. I am down to two choices, the radial Baja Claws or the Nitto Mud Grapplers both in 35x12.5x15 size.

Neither is a very good street tire, but will work OK for it. mine is a 95% off road only rig with occasional 10mile trips to work. Other than that its just trips to wheeling spots. So loud is a OK trade off for off-road prowess. If this is not you maybe a different AT type tire will be better.

CW

lol thank you pete

Yeah main reason i am getting these tires is cuz i work at Tire factory, and we have them in stock and my boss wants them out of the shop because we have had them for a year in the wearhouse and can't return them, so i am getting a great below cost price on them.. so i figure can't beat that. but yeah i know what ya mean, i was going to get the Cooper STT's before this deal came about.

well its that time... getting new tires on her Wed. hopefully 33's will fit okay.

heard both positive and negative about my tires, but for around here i think they will be great.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Emudgrappler

I'm in the market for new tires for my wheeling TJ. I am down to two choices, the radial Baja Claws or the Nitto Mud Grapplers both in 35x12.5x15 size.

Neither is a very good street tire, but will work OK for it. mine is a 95% off road only rig with occasional 10mile trips to work. Other than that its just trips to wheeling spots. So loud is a OK trade off for off-road prowess. If this is not you maybe a different AT type tire will be better.

CW

I'm pretty sure my next 35" TJ Tires will be the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar...

gdymr1.ang.jpg

Thanks man =)

So i got the new tires on todaaay! looks better in person ha.. but i am really liking it..33's look so much bettter!

f0ofiu.jpg

2qsylxt.jpg

i think i am going to get rid of that front bumper... cuz i don't really like it.. and put the stock one back on, then i have one of them bolt on brush guards to the stock bumper i think i might put on...but i'm wondering will it look to weird with my front cut fenders and a stock bumper?

The tires look great!! Please be sure to post up how you like or not like them. As I said, I too will be buying a new set son and these are on my short list...

I agree, that bumper is kinda hokey. Throw on the stocker and see what you think.. not too hard and just to look you don't need all the bolts. If you like it, add the rest of the bolts!!

CW