hope i'm doing this right lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to properly locate the spring perches.

Blocks contribute to axle wrap. It is best not to use them. You already have plenty of lift without the blocks.

Where are you located in WA?

Willy

Vancouver, almost to washougal.

I hear you about being anxious to get on the road. We've all been there! Many times.

When you weld on the spring perches, you might want to relocate the shock mounts so they don't hang down so much - this will also help if you are still using the stock shocks - if they are stock, they are extended too much with the new lift - moving the mounts up will fix that.

Here is what mine looks like.

IMG_1921.jpg

what if they are lift shocks...? you think they are fine like that?

It all depends on the shocks and how much lift they are designed for. I'm using shocks rated for 0-3" lift - the mounts are located about 3" higher than normal. Thats about perfect for an SOA.

I also like the added clearance ... things hanging down below my axle annoy me!

good job man awsome first car and welcome to comanche club :cheers: .

you seem to be doing a really good job so far but i do agree that you should space your perches right and ditch the blocks.

and i love the flat black! jamminz.gif

Well i got some sucky news!

On my way home from work today... my passenger side motor mount just blew aprt when i took off.. a little fast. but still it shouldn't have broken like that.. i am having oil coming from somewhere.. but it doesn't appear to be a cracked head, my uncle thinks maybe the oil regulator... but we will have to pull it and see...=/ sucky day.

I swear on the Jeep bible tho that i will not just give up on this baby, but bring her back to better then she ever was. Amen.

Oil regulator? :huh???: Does he mean the oil pressure sensor?

The stock motor mounts are complete crap. Replace them with some MORE, Brown Dog, or Daystar motor mounts.

Willy

oops yeah thats what i ment, Oil pressure Sensor, my bad. Where is a good place to get new mounts at, online?

Oil regulator? :huh???: Does he mean the oil pressure sensor?

The stock motor mounts are complete crap. Replace them with some MORE, Brown Dog, or Daystar motor mounts.

Willy

oops yeah thats what i ment, Oil pressure Sensor, my bad. Where is a good place to get new mounts at, online?

I think you can buy directly from MORE or Brown Dog. I'm not sure about Daystar. They may only sell through distributors.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks to be that the oil everywhere was just from the oil filter getting smacked... annd it looks to be that we can get a small drill up in there to monkey those broken bolts out with. So things are looking good.. but you know where that always leads... to more problems.. so cross your fingers.

just some more pictures cuz i am super bored.

Once i got her all back to normal.. i saw some blue paint left over from when i was going to paint my truck that color :nuts: and so i thought... shooot.. i should paint my front diff... so i did.. lol

10ftfsn.jpg

b5fdzc.jpg

2z4hl6t.jpg

kbvtdw.jpg

b5658p.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally took her real wheeling couple days ago, and now i am taking it up camping this coming thur and friday so i threw my canopy on there and bam....portable tent.

and i had to get a new phone... cuz i found out that my other one wasn't water proof...so not as clear pictures but i think they'll be okay.

2w6to9k.jpg

2rm60ep.jpg

oh and i got a cb hooked up.. although not sure where i sould put the cb at inside my cab..