hope i'm doing this right lol

Best picture at the bottom haha

Picked this truck up for my first car last year, 1991 Jeep Comanche 4.0 HO 5speed, with 150k on it. for 750 bucks, before i had to change the fenders and couple other body parts. Just last month i finally got it all lifted. =D

after i got the body parts on. (didn't get a before picture.)

l_3748086bf75b058531f41bc41cfdda33.jpg

Stripped it back down to paint it,

l_51bf9fd6cb4bf501632b81a6391caf87.jpg

Then i painted it with spray cans haha. Jun 2008.

l_baa8472bf9f9570b01ac39a4cd28fe02.jpg

I just recently got the lift on

l_b438980aa36441e886d27d04341a5d74.jpg

New carpet.

2qxaouh.jpg

Okay last picture i'm sorry lol, New wheels and "all done"..your never really done lol. jamminz.gif

l_869406658c1c468895373d239867d801.jpg

Tell me what you think, or if you have any suggestions. i was thinking about a black diamond plate tool box.. or maybe a roll bar.. idk what would look good?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2wd MJ leafs if you can find a decent set. 2wd MJs sit about an inch lower than 4wd MJs. :thumbsup:

Do not just pull leafs from your current pack. The spring wrap will get worse.

But isn't it like...ungodly to lower your jeep? any suggestions how to raise the front anymore?

:rotf: I, as well as a few others on here are lowering or have lowered our trucks. Nothing wrong with it, and in your case, might be the best bet so you don't have to go through the alignment process on the front end again.

But isn't it like...ungodly to lower your jeep? any suggestions how to raise the front anymore?

:rotf: I, as well as a few others on here are lowering or have lowered our trucks. Nothing wrong with it, and in your case, might be the best bet so you don't have to go through the alignment process on the front end again.

haha okay i hadn't thought of it that way. A Kid at school called my truck "Nosedive!" ...i made him cry.

You can strap a bit of weight in the back in the meantime. Make sure it's secure.

He won't need weight, haven't you seen the throbs of hot women that just hop into the backs of our MJ's? Just drive it around the block ;) .

:rotf:

I wish!

Rob L.

You can strap a bit of weight in the back in the meantime. Make sure it's secure.

He won't need weight, haven't you seen the throbs of hot women that just hop into the backs of our MJ's? Just drive it around the block ;) .

:rotf:

I wish!

Rob L.

Hey now, I had about a half dozen in the back of mine last weekend jamminz.gif

Welcome to the club. :cheers:

The only way your done with your Jeep is if you sell it to someone else.

As Pete indicated, using the 2wd leaf pack will lower you a little and also, if you use the XJ shackle, it will drop you a bit as well. I can't remember how much, but the 2wd pack and XJ shackle is what I have and it gives me about 4.5 inches of lift in the back with the SOA.

:cheers:

Nice, where did you order your lift what size tires and which rear axle?

Well i bough a Cherokee with the lift and tires on for 400 bucks that was rolled, sold the engine for 300 and the tranny for 150, and put that lift on my truck. i just used the block for the rear and transfered the springs to the top. and for now i just have the Dana 35. its my daily drive to and from college...everyday...lol so i have 31's on it and after i level the front i'll get 33's. Anyone have anything against Copper Stt's? :dunno:

Here is a picture of my lift... kinda hard to make it out.. but it works.. i think.. i hope.

15chhc5.jpg

Welcome to the club. :cheers:

The only way your done with your Jeep is if you sell it to someone else.

As Pete indicated, using the 2wd leaf pack will lower you a little and also, if you use the XJ shackle, it will drop you a bit as well. I can't remember how much, but the 2wd pack and XJ shackle is what I have and it gives me about 4.5 inches of lift in the back with the SOA.

what do you think about just taking the Block out of the back...? or is that dumb idea

Now that I see you have blocks, definetly lose them. And did you just bolt in that axle from the cherokee without moving the spring perches? Or did I read it wrong? The spring perches are differently spaced and not a bolt in affair.

First of all - GREAT looking truck ... keep up the good work and post lots of pics!!

Ditch the blocks.

And from the pics it looks like you might not have proper (welded on) spring perches under the blocks. If that is the case, the truck is very unsafe to drive.

So ditch the blocks, weld on proper spring perches, and your rear height should come down a little bit.

If you do have perches in there - just lose the blocks.

You really need to properly locate the spring perches.

Blocks contribute to axle wrap. It is best not to use them. You already have plenty of lift without the blocks.

Where are you located in WA?

Willy

I hear you about being anxious to get on the road. We've all been there! Many times.

When you weld on the spring perches, you might want to relocate the shock mounts so they don't hang down so much - this will also help if you are still using the stock shocks - if they are stock, they are extended too much with the new lift - moving the mounts up will fix that.

Here is what mine looks like.

IMG_1921.jpg

Great job Aaron.. Welcome to the ComancheClub..

Here here :cheers: for the spray can paint, I see you painted again after the silver/gray.. to black is that rattle can also?

- I use the the Ol Tremclad in rattle cans, compressed sprayer or even the roller job after a few rigs done like that u can get it down to an art.. Besides.. I'm not driving the rig to church.. I'm go'in bushwack'n

I'm one of those who prefers the rear of the truck 1, or even a couple of inches lower than the front.. never have enough weight (girls) back there anyhow..

Keep up the good work and keep us posted..

Great job Aaron.. Welcome to the ComancheClub..

Here here :cheers: for the spray can paint, I see you painted again after the silver/gray.. to black is that rattle can also?

- I use the the Ol Tremclad in rattle cans, compressed sprayer or even the roller job after a few rigs done like that u can get it down to an art.. Besides.. I'm not driving the rig to church.. I'm go'in bushwack'n

I'm one of those who prefers the rear of the truck 1, or even a couple of inches lower than the front.. never have enough weight (girls) back there anyhow..

Keep up the good work and keep us posted..

Thank you very much sir! Yeah well i stripped it down to bare metal, and then a coat of primer, and then we rattle canned the entire truck a flat black. i'll try to get a picture in of what i had painted it 1st but then changed my mind..