Would you???

ridenlow12

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good buy.

personally, I'd upgrade with an AMC/Buick v8 and turbo 400 with a dana 20 transfercase, then swap the cab for an older "browed" J-series pickup cab. that, or build a top that correctly resembles one...the cabs on the M715's are kinda ugly IMHO.

Your lucky i don't have any money.(i do know were it is)

and I'm not tellen :D

i would if i knew it was going to a good home nutkick.gif i would think that a 231buick wsould drop in that thing and give ya good performance all around any thoughts :beerhead:

I'd buy it if I could. I'd restore it to military configuration and a camo paint job - no way would I try to turn it into a J-truck. I might change the drive train though -- I'm thinking a nice AMC 360, 390 or 401 like out of a late 70's full-size Cherokee would be about right.

That's an M-715. The biggest and baddest Jeep ever made. :D

:agree:

Here's one in action. You'll love the ending. :D

Video Link

So many Jeep's, not enough time, money, or space to put them.

jamminz.gif

That video sold me, except for the country music. :popcorn:

I laughed when the camera man said "that's embarassing" right after the 3 trucks started moving

Antwan, good to see you're still around. Funny, you just sold the MJ and now you're looking at this old dog? Can't get it out of your blood can ya?

LOL, hell yeah you should! And if you don't, let me know cuz that very well could finally get me down to L'burg. That could be a great day: get to meet you, go see that guy's private MJ collection you told me about a year ago, pick up that bad ole 715, and celebrate with a few beers and a Cheesy all the way, a bowl with, and a glass of the James at the Texas Inn!

Does it run? Any other issues you know of?

Jeepco, that ugly ole cab is what MAKES the 715 so cool brotha! :D

i love that engine 258-6L i'll not swap leave it alone or just rebuild, it help to save your gas and also great for off road with low gear i used to have 258 in 1981 Wagoneer don't have any problem i sold to wagonmasters.com 6 year ago for a lot of money, 258 is Extreme Rare. grab that fix her up jamminz.gif

Wahoo, yeah we need to get together one weekend so I can show you that honeyhole! but I just can't help it, its almost like an addiction. I felt like $#!& when I sold the manche but the wife has given me the green light to buy this one so I am going to pick him up this weekend if we don't get that storm Hanna. Thanks guys for the feed back, This is truly one of the greatest sites on the net :USAflag: jamminz.gif

The M-715 preceded AMC's ownership of Jeep. The AMC 199/232/258 engines are all externally identical. Manifolds are all on the same side, and except for having a mechanical fuel pump they all look just about like our 4.0L XJ/MJ engines. The M-715 had a much older engine that was a Jeep creation.

Thats no 258. Intake is on the wrong side, and its got an automatic conversion, should be a 232 4spd with a Dana 200 case.

Someone's tried to have their way with it but the most important parts are there. $600? Why isnt it in your driveway yet :D

I wasn't gonna say anything about the 258 comments etc because I figured what I assumed (that I didn't think those had 258s) was wrong because someone truly in the know would point that out almost immediately. But what really caught my eye was not only the fact it was an auto, but the shifter looked like it was right out of a Cherokee. :popcorn:

That’s the biggest peace of junk ive ever seen. You should not waist your money on it at all. Go a head and tell me the guys name and number with map quest directions from Laurens SC, so I can tell him what a peace of junk it is!

Ok ok that mo-fo is BAD A$$, if I were you I would jump on that thing like a rat on a cheeto!!!! What are you doing reading this post, get off your butt and go buy that thing. NOW!

:cheers: