school me on sliders. (window)

ok. can you guys tell me if my slider is factory. i belive i have read that the factory was a 3 piece. but mine is four. here is the best pic i have

it seams to be sealed shut in the middle and will not budge. it will go an inch or two in either other direction but won't seperate in the middle to open the window :headpop: so i don't know if you have any tips for my frustration.

Thanks, Cam jamminz.gif

What you have in the picture is an after market slider.

Here's a picture of a OEM slider, with the gasket-

CRL use to also have a 3 piece slider (after market) and a power slider, but both are discontinued :cry:

Just happen to have a picture of one ;)

As far as your slider........well, er......not sliding, you need to get something in the track to "lube' it up, I would try spray silicone to try to "soften" the rubber seal first.

and actually mine did not slide well at all when I first got the truck. I have the 4 piece like you. It just has a tendancy to jam at an angle in the track. Also check and see if there is something in the track. My day used to leave a pencil or two in the tracks to keep somone from sliding it open from the outside.

it's a dealer-install aftermarket slider.

sometimes if a person requested a slider on a MJ with certain specs, and the one on the show room floor met all specs except for the slider (or the person just liked the truck but wanted a slider), the dealer would install the 4-pane aftermarket slider.

as for it being stuck, take a flat head screwdriver and clean out the lower slide channels...i almost guarantee they're full of sh*t

it's a dealer-install aftermarket slider.

sometimes if a person requested a slider on a MJ with certain specs, and the one on the show room floor met all specs except for the slider (or the person just liked the truck but wanted a slider), the dealer would install the 4-pane aftermarket slider.

as for it being stuck, take a flat head screwdriver and clean out the lower slide channels...i almost guarantee they're full of sh*t

ok that makes sense. my MJ was a base model so ok. i have cleaned the junk out... it seams the two pieces do not want to seperate and open... i have tried all types of lubes. and i can't stick anything in it to try and pry it apart :cry:

Yeah, thats the same slider that I have in the truck, and as Jeepco said, its aftermarket but from a dealer. Mine wouldn't move when I first got my truck, but cleaning the $#!& out of the tracks and lubing it up helped. Now with it working it still tries to jam itself in the tracks at an angle, that being said, I think your window is probably jammed in there at too much of an angle for it to open.

Guys what camjeep 3 is looking for is a photo or a description of how the two sliding panes seal in the middle. That is where it is stuck. Are the frames interlocking or is there some seal that might have stuck from lack of use. Then he will have some idea of what technique and force is required to open it.

You guys with the 4 piece windows, how are they ssealed?

Ok while we are talking sliders.....

I have a factory slider in my truck but the latch is broke. Is there a way to remove the old latch and replace it? Looks like its glued on.

Ok back on topic. Have you tried lightly heating it with a heat gun or hair dryer? Sometimes heat will soften whatever it is that is holding it shut and allow you to pull them apart.

I'm really not sure what the problem is here...

i need an EXACT explanation of what isn't opening.

thought you said they won't slide far, but will slide a little bit. is this the case?

if not, and the center panes simply won't seperate at the middle, then you will need to get some form of wedge in there (go from the inside so burglers don't see any slight damage and think it's easy access) and start seperating it out...go from top or bottom to center.

YES the center panes ARE interlocking.

i've got both types of 4 pane sliders, and the 3 pane sliders as well...never once have i had any opening issues

Ok while we are talking sliders.....

I have a factory slider in my truck but the latch is broke. Is there a way to remove the old latch and replace it? Looks like its glued on.

Ok back on topic. Have you tried lightly heating it with a heat gun or hair dryer? Sometimes heat will soften whatever it is that is holding it shut and allow you to pull them apart.

heat gun and it will be easier to remove. heat from the front and back of the pane

sorry not to clarify. the two windows are stuck together right in the middle and not seperate. still stuck together they move an inch or two either direction but wond seperate. the tracks are not the problem

There's a seller on ebay that has (or at least claims to have) a CRL three panel slider for the Comanche. Although a bit pricey it's another option. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 45455&rd=1

I would double check before I bought it(if you really want the 3 panel), there used to be another seller on ebay offering the CR Laurent tri-vent so I ordered it and when it came it was the 4 panel. When I asked why I received the wrong window I was told that CR Laurent no longer makes the 3 panel or "tri-vent". I must say though CR Laurent products are top notch and I have come to love my 4 panel slider.

• 4 weeks later...
Guys what camjeep 3 is looking for is a photo or a description of how the two sliding panes seal in the middle. That is where it is stuck. Are the frames interlocking or is there some seal that might have stuck from lack of use. Then he will have some idea of what technique and force is required to open it. You guys with the 4 piece windows, how are they ssealed?

I have the old style CRL 4-pane slider. It uses the original gasket and there is a weatherstrip on the left pane slider that the right pane slides into. I think that's his problem; it's been sun welded/scorched and the two slider panes are stuck to it. Get some silicone spray and douche it down the seam inside and outside, let it sit overnight, then try to break it free from the bottom then top gently.

Guys what camjeep 3 is looking for is a photo or a description of how the two sliding panes seal in the middle. That is where it is stuck. Are the frames interlocking or is there some seal that might have stuck from lack of use. Then he will have some idea of what technique and force is required to open it. You guys with the 4 piece windows, how are they ssealed?

I have the old style CRL 4-pane slider. It uses the original gasket and there is a weatherstrip on the left pane slider that the right pane slides into. I think that's his problem; it's been sun welded/scorched and the two slider panes are stuck to it. Get some silicone spray and douche it down the seam inside and outside, let it sit overnight, then try to break it free from the bottom then top gently.

hehehe douche

I must say though CR Laurent products are top notch and I have come to love my 4 panel slider.

X2 on CRL quality products. I have their manual slider and pop-up sunroof and HAD one of their power sliders a couple of years ago and sold it like a dumbass because I thought I'd never use it with the camper shell on. :oops: