Not Crazy about the 2500 Front Ends...

SuperWade2

Let me start by saying that this absolutely isn't meant as a bash IN ANY WAY for those you guys that are starting the Chinese 2500 Front End/Other Misc Parts Replacement Projects... The Write Ups and pics are Wicked awesome and I have and will continue to read every thread with interest.

I'm personally just not crazy about the way the thing looks (or at least how I am envisioning in my head how it's going to look when it's finished). Maybe I'm wrong and it will grow on me once we start seeing some "finished" projects.

I guess what's cool as we can still get excited about and follow new projects even if they aren't ones that we would choose for our own rigs. Each guy has a different opinion about what looks good and what they want to do with their truck. This will for sure give guys a new way to have a custom looking setup...

For me, I like and will keep my OEM Shaped Grill/Lights/Front end, but to each their own. I hope I don't get bashed (But It's OK if I do), I just wanted to get that off my chest...

Carry on with your projects (This was deliberately not sent as a reply to any of the project threads because I didn't want it to be seen as bashing ANYTHING that anyone has going on).

SW2

:cheers:

I for One don't take this stuff personally :cheers:

And I concurr with U; I'm saving my OEM frontclip and tail lights so when I get bored or bust this one I just replace back.

Heck I still have the oem radio that my truck came with and the stock wheels !!! :D

Can't say the same for the BA/10 though :D

I just wish I had the time and funds available to do the project and then I would do something else. As my dad used to say "Won't make it run any better."

The Bejing Jeep is interesting in that the Cherokee lived a few more years. The best thing they did in my opinion is the added wheelbase. The 4 door XJ is just a bit awkward for the back seat. A few extra inches would make a world of difference. The irony is the 4 door is what gave the XJ it's initial success.

I for One don't take this stuff personally :cheers:

And I concurr with U; I'm saving my OEM frontclip and tail lights so when I get bored or bust this one I just replace back.

Heck I still have the oem radio that my truck came with and the stock wheels !!! :D

Can't say the same for the BA/10 though :D

Good, Like I said, I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pics and hope to see more...

I like it, but with the 2500 bumper. The old style bumper kinda kills the look of the grill.

I knew it was something, thats is what makes it look messed up, the bumper.

I don't' think that's all... :eek:

I'm on the fence. I guess I'll wait till he's finished. :popcorn:

However I do agree with the bumper statement. The small original one just looks, well too small. Far as the grille, maybe some billet inserts with a honeycomb pattern. :dunno: I do like the fact that its different and kind of a one of a kind.

I like the head lights ,, but that grill is deff not Jeep...

It's not all that different than the WJ grille. :dunno: Taller for sure.

But to those who want to be different. There's no denying that you'll be different while sporting the new fascia. jamminz.gif

60thwj.jpg

JT, you said exactly what I was going to on the Casablanca, looks like an old Trooper.

Of the 2500, when I first saw some pics of the parts etc, I wasn't crazy about it. With these additional pics though, to me it's clearly one of those things that depends SO MUCH on the rest of what you're looking at. I.E., the color, how it looks in relation to the rest of the vehicle, other parts and/or mods such as wheels and tires, grill guard and/or driving lights, etc etc. For example, I think the silver 2500 Adam showed looks killer. But I think that's because all the other mods keep you from focusing on the massiveness of the grill and lights. Like Mr. Miaggi said, "yooou need-a balance". I think that is supported by everyone's comments on the white MJ in progress. Needs the 2500 bumper to be proportionate, and needs a grill guard and lights to balance out those big @$$ headlights. But, I definitely give a thumbs up for trying something different.

** Please note: I do, however, ESPECIALLY like the "hot cup of tea" in her little American cowgirl outfit at the car show! :brows:

I like the style my 94 and 95 XJ's have/had. The 95's header and grill are on my MJ. I would do a 97 style grill is I can find SWB MJ to stuff a 400+hp 340 in.

The 2500 style isn't my style.